Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Samsung insights program

Quote Originally Posted by Chezm2bme View Post
    Keep us posted on whether samsung ends up saying anything about it being rooted please.... i wanna root...but dont want the boot..from the program..lol
    Will definitely have a few words to say if they end up having an issue with it. To be honest before I got the survey email I was thinking about the getting the nexus 6/LG G3/M8 with my own money. (Early upgrade is in January)

I like the Samsung hardware, software not so much. If this program goes well and future phones are more root/bootloader friendly i might have a higher opinion of Samsung. (I am anything but brand loyal)
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uberjon View Post
    Will definitely have a few words to say if they end up having an issue with it. To be honest before I got the survey email I was thinking about the getting the nexus 6/LG G3/M8 with my own money. (Early upgrade is in January)

I like the Samsung hardware, software not so much. If this program goes well and future phones are more root/bootloader friendly i might have a higher opinion of Samsung. (I am anything but brand loyal)
    You're going to have words with Samsung if they say no to rooting a phone they provided to you free of charge? I just can't see how this makes sense unless you put money out towards the phone.
    jpr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonx1000 View Post
    You're going to have words with Samsung if they say no to rooting a phone they provided to you free of charge? I just can't see how this makes sense unless you put money out towards the phone.
    Just saying since the agreement said nothing about not being able to root. if they did have an issue now I'd rather return it and buy my own device. Had I agreed to not rooting then I'd deal with it.

Is it unfair to change your mind on participating after they change the rules to partipate?

Edit: not so much words with Samsung rather expressing my disappointment with the Android Community. But I don't forsee them having an issue with root

Quote Originally Posted by uberjon View Post
    Just saying since the agreement said nothing about not being able to root. if they did have an issue now I'd rather return it and buy my own device. Had I agreed to not rooting then I'd deal with it.

Is it unfair to change your mind on participating after they change the rules to partipate?

Edit: not so much words with Samsung rather expressing my disappointment with the Android Community. But I don't forsee them having an issue with root
    No man...ur good...just keep me posted...id like to root mine as well but gunna mind my p's and q's till i know for sure its ok

Didn't you all read the small print about the special dispensation given by the US to the Samsung Doorstep Police.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.

Default Re: samsung insights program

I don't know anyone in the program so I guess I'm SOL. It really does suck... Also, is everyone here in the program on Verizon?

Default Re: samsung insights program

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan3579 View Post
    I don't know anyone in the program so I guess I'm SOL. It really does suck... Also, is everyone here in the program on Verizon?
    They have multiple carriers they are sending too.....its about the phone...not the service provider....they are collecting info on how we use the phone and whatnot

Any one who rooted thier phones have any problems yet...with samsung or the program?

Still no problems here...it's been a month and the phone has been rooted the entire time. I have even played around with custom ROMs

Quote Originally Posted by Anaarkey View Post
    Still no problems here...it's been a month and the phone has been rooted the entire time. I have even played around with custom ROMs
    Awesome!

Still no issues here. I'm just rooted though. Wasn't sure how the insights app might hook into touchwiz..

Can someone please post the samsung mobile insights.apk file?

I don't have access from my region right now....
    Please and thanks in advance
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456