Lacking signal after update

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, after a bunch of frustrating attempts at getting my old note 3 back after the update has been impossible. Just got back from the Verizon store with a new sim card in the phone. While there I compared their display model which was not updated with my up to date phone. It had 3 bars of 4G compared to my 2 bars of 3G set side by side. Ughh! My S5 is fine but this update has made my note 3 horrible to use. Might as well cut the service off and use the hotspot from my S5 and save a few bucks each month. A update is needed now to fix this.

Posted via Android Central App

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I am not going to root the phone. The jerkoffs at Verizon should not have neutered a great phone with this last update.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not going to root the phone. The jerkoffs at Verizon should not have neutered a great phone with this last update.

I agree. With the battery life I have sometimes, I have flashbacks of my Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Tried the radio rollback method to no avail. Verizon is sending me a new phone. They even doubt it will fix it. I really liked my gn3. It was the best phone I ever owned.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
New phone gets the same signal as my other devices now. So I am happy again to have my devices at peak performance and just how important the gn3 is in the line up. Only thing I saw different is the build number is a bunch higher than the one it replaced.

GS5 is my talky talky phone
GN3 is my notes and documentation device with some talky with those who have it's private number
GNP12.2 is my laptop replacement/tv/drawing station/documentation device

SOD8MNSTREET6RR

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Tried the radio rollback method to no avail. Verizon is sending me a new phone. They even doubt it will fix it. I really liked my gn3. It was the best phone I ever owned.

+1^^^^^ I was on the phone with the tech today on and off for 1-7 pm and they had me turn off my phone for over an hour and still not resolved. My motor is starting to run a little hot if it doesn't get fixed I'm going to blow a gasket

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I am very happy now with verizon. My phone works super great. After a week with my replacement I can say the older builds suck.

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I actually switched back to my droid bionic because of the weak radio in the note 3. I actually never even got the kitkat update because it kept failing so I would hate to see it ever worse that it was. I take emergency call for the hospital so I couldn't handle it constantly dropping signal every where I went. I use the N3 as a mini tab now. I haven't had a single drop with the bionic and with the slimkat rom this thing is flyin! If samsung could get ahold of moto's radios, they would have a pretty crazy phone!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change radios, my note 3 is horrible after kit Kat. My daughter has the s3 she is running 3g/4g while I'm running 1x/no service. I like my note 3, but if I can't get radio back to pre kit Kat, I have move on.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
My gn3 had great service till the update. Tried everything to get it back. Verizon finally sent me a new phone that has the update and great service again. Nearly two weeks and everything is good.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just talked to Verizon. They are sending me a replacement phone. They say that is a crap shoot, some work, some don't. Not holding my breath. Such a shame, they made a great phone crap

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well got my replacement, day 2 and noticeable difference in signal. The replacement is holding 4g while my old phone is showing 1x and 3g in the same areas.

For the test, I had both phone activated and this is testing 300 miles, not just one area, in areas I frequent a lot. Not ready to proclaim victory yet, but the war could be over, hopefully.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Everything is still going very well with my replacement phone. I get the same service that my original had before update. Now to look forward to the note 4. If that phone is better than the note 3 it will be my dream phone then.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Everything is still going very well with my replacement phone. I get the same service that my original had before update. Now to look forward to the note 4. If that phone is better than the note 3 it will be my dream phone then.

Well until the note 5 comes out anyway. :)