Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Default Network mode?

Not sure why my note came pre set on global. I'm in Michigan. Should it be on cdma/lte? Also what are good signal strength #'s? I'm getting -101 and 99 on global

sent from my Note 3

Default Re: Network mode?

Global is just more compatible and network-friendly, but if you are sure that you're getting constant service on an LTE or CDMA (you didn't mention your carrier, by the way), you can set it to that and it will even save a liiiiittle bit of battery by not using all radio frequencies available for scanning.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

I have turned off global on occasion to see of it made a difference. All I know is that when we had power outages throughout the area on Monday, I couldn't get any data until I switched over to global. I'm in SE Michigan.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That's what I meant. You can stay on one mode if you're certain that network is always up and running. But if something happens, like a power outage or too many users, you might be switched off to a different backup network that might not work unless you have the Global mode turned on.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    I have turned off global on occasion to see of it made a difference. All I know is that when we had power outages throughout the area on Monday, I couldn't get any data until I switched over to global. I'm in SE Michigan.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Ah yep I was having issues Monday/Tuesday also! Really bad over here. 10 DTE trucks spotted in a 2 block radius yesterday. Maybe keeping it on global is better!

sent from my Note 3