Backup Assistant creating havoc - help please before hard reset...

ddhockey

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello to the group -

i searched before posting this - sorry if it is a dup.

have been on phone tonite with verizon - since i did an app update to Cloud last night my Backup Assistant Plus has been performing syncs every hour.

I've force stopped, cleared cache, shut down phone - removed battery - re-booted, uninstalled the update for Cloud, reinstalled it. Changed the backup setting on cloud to reflect once a night, and used the cloud as a back up once.

Backup assistant keeps starting - working just about every hour.

Verizon rep says at this point to do a hard reset but we all know how much i want to do that.:'(

are there any suggestions (other that the reset) to try at this point?

the phone is stock/not rooted and i am a basic user.

thanks so much in advance for any suggestions you can share.

d

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I hated Backup Assistant Plus when I was using my old Razr Maxx. In my experience, if you even made the first step of opening Backup Assistant Plus, it essentially woke it up and made it start doing all kinds of stuff in the background. If you have no use for Verizon Cloud or Backup Assistant, try the following--this might not work for you, but this is how I made it become quiescent again:

1. Go to Settings>Apps>All, and select Backup Assistant Plus.
2. Uninstall any updates, if applicable.
3. Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data, and then Force Stop.
4. Don't ever tap on Backup Assistant Plus to open it again. For me, this seemed to prevent it from working in the background.
5. If there is a Verizon Cloud app, do the same (my Razr Maxx didn't have that).

Good luck!

ddhockey

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the quick reply! This version of BUA has no way to uninstall it, nor any way to "uninstall updates" - i spent about an hour "force closing" it every time it started last night and so far, over night and through the morning it has not tried to sync. I don't know if using the Cloud app for backup will trigger it again. That is the problem as I have been using the Cloud App for my backup.

I guess today I have to investigate taking "The Cloud" app off the phone too and using a different application all together.

Has anyone heard of an app Called Syncdroid for syncing directly with my own desktop?

thank you again B.Diddy for your answer - appreciate it!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually not suggesting you uninstall Backup Assistant Plus--I recall as well that you can't Disable nor Uninstall it. What I'm suggesting is that you Clear Cache and Clear Data, then Force Stop. Then don't touch it at all. Have you tried that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez