Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lost LED flash

My fiance's Note 3 recently lost the LED flash function. It worked fine this morning, but tonight it didn't. She tried rebooting, but no luck. It also has a flashlight app that turns it on, but that also isn't working even though the indicator shows it should be on. She hasn't installed any new apps or made any changes on the phone, so I'm wondering if it's a hardware defect. Is there any test apps that can report wether or not the OS is truly trying to turn the light on that might point to software or hardware issue? Or any other suggestions before going the nuclear route of factory resetting or a warranty claim?

Default Re: Lost LED flash

Have you tried clearing cache in the bootloader? Also try clearing data in the camera app

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Also I found out that if it's below like 25 percent it will stop it from working
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Not sure what was going on, but it's working again. Didn't get to try clearing the system cache yet, so not sure if that would have worked. As for the low battery level, that likely wasn't it either. Not sure what level it was at at the time, but she said the flashlight app still works even as low as 3% on battery. I appreciate the help, even if it was all for nought this time.

The stock camera app flash will stop working around 15% (maybe a little higher). But other apps should work

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3