- 3,148 Posts
Lost LED flash
My fiance's Note 3 recently lost the LED flash function. It worked fine this morning, but tonight it didn't. She tried rebooting, but no luck. It also has a flashlight app that turns it on, but that also isn't working even though the indicator shows it should be on. She hasn't installed any new apps or made any changes on the phone, so I'm wondering if it's a hardware defect. Is there any test apps that can report wether or not the OS is truly trying to turn the light on that might point to software or hardware issue? Or any other suggestions before going the nuclear route of factory resetting or a warranty claim?
- 08-09-2014, 07:06 AM #2
- 08-10-2014, 09:06 PM #3
- 3,148 Posts
Re: Lost LED flash
Not sure what was going on, but it's working again. Didn't get to try clearing the system cache yet, so not sure if that would have worked. As for the low battery level, that likely wasn't it either. Not sure what level it was at at the time, but she said the flashlight app still works even as low as 3% on battery. I appreciate the help, even if it was all for nought this time.
- 08-12-2014, 11:39 AM #5
- By steve1279 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 08-10-2014, 10:41 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 02:27 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-08-2014, 01:28 AM
- By JellyJamStudios in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2014, 11:06 PM
- By promontory in forum Samsung Galaxy GioReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2014, 05:37 AM