applications and unlocking

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know whatt the app called client is on the samsung note 3 for verizon? Also can you unlock a note 3 from verizon without rooting? If so how?
Any information is greatly helpful :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is factory sim unlocked.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
does that mean you can get a sim from att and use it or what does that mean?
Correct. You can use att or any gsm network. You probably won't get LTE though and you would have to change the apn to get data

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I know I'm on a network but i don't know what gsm means or what type of network it entails and i don't know what apn stands for or what it is. I know the basic functions of how to use a phone and modify setting but anything advanced i have no clue about.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use the Verizon Note 3 on a variety of networks including att and tmobile or various international networks. Popping in a sim card should work for voice and text. For data, the non-verizon carrier would have to give you the settings required for it to work on their network.

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
ok so if i were to acquire a sim card from att for example would it shut off my service through Verizon and i would use att for my service giving that i get the settings from att? or how does that work?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Using an att sim would allow it to operate solely on att network.

It would not disconnect the Verizon service however, you would have to contact Verizon to do that, or service would be automatically disconnected if you port the number to att.
Keep in mind that you probably won't get 4glte on att.

akenhart

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am going to South Korea. Does this mean I can use my note 3 there and not have to use verizons overpriced roaming? If yes I guess all I'll need to do is go to a phone servicer and get a sim card for South Korea. Thanks for any input.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Correct, you would just need a local SIM. You would also have to change the apn for data

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC