All Contacts not all?

streetslide

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Going nuts not finding contact that I knew was in phone. It's not there under display all contacts yet when I search from all contacts it will bring it up.
I have two different G mail accounts. This particular contact was unassigned to any group so I ASSumed it would be in all.

Long story short is if I change from display all contacts to customized list & select all the choices on both accounts they will be there. I don't remember every having to worry about this before but maybe I am dreaming. If I put a contact in to my phone it was always there under All Contacts. Is there another way to ensure all you contacts end up in all contacts? Seems dumb that a contact wouldn't be in all contacts but would come up in a search from the all contacts list.

User Unfriendly.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Going nuts not finding contact that I knew was in phone. It's not there under display all contacts yet when I search from all contacts it will bring it up.
I have two different G mail accounts. This particular contact was unassigned to any group so I ASSumed it would be in all.

Long story short is if I change from display all contacts to customized list & select all the choices on both accounts they will be there. I don't remember every having to worry about this before but maybe I am dreaming. If I put a contact in to my phone it was always there under All Contacts. Is there another way to ensure all you contacts end up in all contacts? Seems dumb that a contact wouldn't be in all contacts but would come up in a search from the all contacts list.

User Unfriendly.
The contact may be there, but is probably out of alphabetical order. When you pull up the contact in the search, go through and edit it and make sure everything seems to be in proper order. Also, if you want it to be assigned to a given account, consider syncing it or adding the contact via the web.

Let us know if you have further questions.

streetslide

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope, it's just not there, alphabetically or otherwise. If I display either of the two accounts, the contact is not shown but if I search from the search box on either one, it pulls up. There is nothing our of whack about them other than they are not assigned to any group but that shouldn't matter. Both accounts are synced. Adding via web may be a work around but isn't very practical since 9 times out of ten you add a contact via phone vs. sitting at your desktop.

Turns out 124 contacts are in group Unassigned. I don't know how that happens as I just did a test contact and it goes automatically into My Contacts. In any event, I am not assigning these 124 to at least My Contacts. That seems to fix it, just not sure what broke it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888