Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Post multitasking on the note 3

I have started noticing in the past probably month that when i turn on multiwindow that after a few hours the menu on the left or right side of the screen that helps with multiwindow disappears. Does anyone know if this is supposed to happen? If its not do you know of a solution. I have looked all through my settings and still haven't been able to fix it. Its very aggravating cause I use that bar on a very regular basis.

Default Re: multitasking on the note 3

AFAIK it does autohide if you're not using it. But it's really simple to bring it back, just tap and hold on the back button...

EDITED: AFAIK is now corrected. haha
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

oh ok awesome thank you i didnt know that. what does AFIK mean?

Global Posts
    5,970 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

It's a typo of AFAIK - as far as I know.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

oh ok lol awesome. now for my next question. do you happen to know what the app named client on a note 3 is? i have tried opening it at least 20 different times and it always shows that is loading but it never loads. im just curious what this app is.

Can you post a picture of the app icon? I haven't heard of an app just called Client... It might be a client from another app, though...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

multitasking on the note 3-screenshot_2014-08-25-13-07-39.jpg

this is a picture with the "client" app at the very bottom that im talking about.

Humm... that's weird. If you go to Program Manager, All tab, can you find that app in there? If so, what's the info that comes up. Can it be uninstalled?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I looked it up just now like you said to and it actually can be uninstalled. but with that being said im scared that if i uninstall it that it will mess up either a single app or multiple apps because i don't know if its associated with any other app that's on my phone. Do you happen to have any information on how to find out if its associated with any other apps that are on my phone? If you need any more pictures t tell you more about the app let me know and i will provide them.

Well, on the app info itself it should give you an idea as you can Google the app's name and version and see what comes up. Another way is to go to the Application Manager, find the RUNNING tab and try to locate the process (maybe trying to run the app so that it appears here). There, it should give you more info about the processes running and that are associated with it, and what you're looking for is the process unique ID, it should read something like COM.WHATEVER.USUALLYAPPNAME
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

multitasking on the note 3-screenshot_2014-08-26-10-42-14.jpg

well i found the process and hers what it shows you probably know more than i do so what does it all mean and say?

Well, that's a legit process and it's used by the phone to handle S-Pen and hand inputs. What I don't know is why you would have a system process show up in your app drawer; these are not apps, these are just processes already running in the background, doing their thing.

Now, did you find the process by name or just by the icon? If it was the icon, then this might not be what you're seeing as that Client app.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

that is the only thing i could find with that app appearance i could actually find the client app running
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

so i just tried to load the app again and i noticed that as it attempted to load as it always does in the middle of the screen it had the word cellebrite.

Quote Originally Posted by dipkid View Post
    so i just tried to load the app again and i noticed that as it attempted to load as it always does in the middle of the screen it had the word cellebrite.
    I assume you used the Verizon tool to transfer your contacts. That is what cellebrite does.