I am a "geezer" of 65+ years. Smartphones are dangerous in my wrinkled hands. I have a Note 3 and am on Verizon. I need whatever help the good people on this board can supply.

I access Facebook via the Chrome browser. I have tried the regular version f Chrome and Chrome Beta; the problem occurs on both.

Specifically, and intermittently, while I am typing on my timeline two of the same word (ie: hellohello) will appear or the screen will freeze for about 90 seconds.

I have read there are ways to tweak Chrome via "flags." I have not done so but am wondering if by doing something of that nature the problem will vanish.

I even went so far as to replace my SD card in case it was corrupted. I have also done the cache clear procedure several times. I have not "wiped" the phone and am loathe to do so givent the pain of restoring my programs, etc.

Any guidance will be deeply appreciate.

Thank you in advance.
    08-27-2014 02:34 PM
    Have you tried downloading and using the Facebook app? instead of going to Facebook through the chrome browser?
    08-27-2014 03:24 PM
    Have you tried downloading and using the Facebook app? instead of going to Facebook through the chrome browser?
    Call me lazy (again, I'm a "geezer") but I did not take well to the dedicated FB application because I had to type in my password every time I logged on. Chrome retained the password.

I bit the bullet late last night and just erased my N3. Seems to have killed whatever gremlin was causing the problem.

Thank you for your reply.
    08-28-2014 05:49 AM
    Im sorry you did that from my personal experience with the dedicated facebook app i have only had to ever enter my password the first time after i installed it but as always there are different cases and yours could very well be different.
    08-28-2014 07:45 AM