| || |
I am on my 3rd Note 3. This latest one worked fine.. For a week! Then the overheating/battery drain started. After no help from the "tech coach" I did some digging. Here is what fixed mine:
1. Did full backup with My Backup Pro.
2. Copied the backup set to my extSDcard.
3. Power down and removed SD card.
4. Power up then did a data reset back to factory.
5. While that was going on, I put the SD card in my laptop so I could use it to copy my backup to its hard drive. At that point, I noticed 2 corrupted folders on the card. I then formatted it.. Full, not quick. Copied my backup folder to the newly formated SD card.
6. Put card in note 3 and copied backup to the internal storage. Restored. Perfect! Now no problems.
What I presume happened is that when kit-kat started its indexing, it got "hung" trying to deal with the corrupt folders and files. No idea how the card got corrupted.
Anyway, if this happens to you, try it.