E-Mail Trash folder

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
When I select the trash folder on my Note 3 the progress symbol just spins and never seems to stop. I am trying to use the Delete All feature but until the refresh completes that option is not available and the refresh goes on forever. Do I need to change a setting in e-mail. This wasn't originally an issue on my Note 2 but cropped up just before I upgraded to the Note 3 and has been a problem from day one on the Note 3. My Note 8 just went into a seemingly perpetual spin this afternoon but it finally completed and the delete was available. I'm using the stock e-mail app.

ray1945

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
If you have a lot of emails in trash it takes a loooong time to bring up all the emails. Doing it on the Web from a PC might be faster.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If you have a lot of emails in trash it takes a loooong time to bring up all the emails. Doing it on the Web from a PC might be faster.
I think your response may relate to g-mail. I'm having this issue with my regular e-mail, not g-mail. The trash folder is on my device, the content is different on my Note 2 and Note 8. I'm just trying to clean up and free up storage.

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I think your response may relate to g-mail. I'm having this issue with my regular e-mail, not g-mail. The trash folder is on my device, the content is different on my Note 2 and Note 8. I'm just trying to clean up and free up storage.

so to clarify are you trying to delete items of your phone or on the stock email on your phone?

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
so to clarify are you trying to delete items of your phone or on the stock email on your phone?
I'm trying to empty the trash folder in the stock e-mail app. When I open the trash folder the refresh goes into a perpetual spin, therfore the delete all option stays greyed out. I can select items individually or whole days at a time and delete them but the delete all is a nice feature when it is available. It worked on my Note 2 and works on my Note 8.
One note, I tried clearing cache in the e-mail app and deleted the account and added it back. Neither of these actions solved the problem.

Last edited:

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
ok thank you for clarifying. when you are wanting to use the delete all feature are you trying to delete just a few emails or are you trying to delete a few hundred or anything in between?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12