4.4.4 update just killed my phone...

Adrianb72

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just saw that the firmware update was available for my phone and downloaded it OTA. Allowed the phone to go through the motions of installing and phone just dies. It was at 60% battery when I started and the SD card was installed. Absolutely will not respond to any button presses, battery removals, charger plug-ins, or anything at all. Anyone else have this problem and am I looking at a replacement?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If it's 100% dead, take it to Verizon or Best Buy. A few people who got 4.4.4 on ATT had a similar experience. At least one said that Best Buy (the Samsung Experience employee inside BB) was able to get it back without replacing the phone.

Adrianb72

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If it's 100% dead, take it to Verizon or Best Buy. A few people who got 4.4.4 on ATT had a similar experience. At least one said that Best Buy (the Samsung Experience employee inside BB) was able to get it back without replacing the phone.

Cool, I'll try today. May just take the opportunity to upgrade to the Note 4!

Adrianb72

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Bah. This stupid phone is totally dead. At least Cust support will send a replacement, but very strange that software will destroy a phone like that. Reduced to using an LG VX8700 flip phone!