4.4.4 Available for normal update. New Observations good or bad?

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Think my issues may have been just a fluke I thought it may have been the S4 kids mode apk file I had to download but it's working fine on other phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I have the new 4.4.4 update on my note 3, and before I took the update I booted the phone into recovery and wiped the cache partition on the phone. Once that was done I rebooted the phone and installed the 4.4.4 update. Since the update I can't seem to boot into recovery mode anymore. I am doing it the same way as before, but it just won't go into recovery. I even removed the battery but that didn't help either. Does anyone know if the new update disabled being able to do this.

Thanks,

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I have the new 4.4.4 update on my note 3, and before I took the update I booted the phone into recovery and wiped the cache partition on the phone. Once that was done I rebooted the phone and installed the 4.4.4 update. Since the update I can't seem to boot into recovery mode anymore. I am doing it the same way as before, but it just won't go into recovery. I even removed the battery but that didn't help either. Does anyone know if the new update disabled being able to do this.

Thanks,

I can boot into recovery have you tried resetting it back to factory?

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
No I didn't really want to do that if I didn't have to. It's always worked before the update. But even before the update I would have to power down, remove the battery, put it back in and then boot to recovery, but now that's not working either....

UPDATE: Well not sure why but it is now working. Thanks for all the replies.....

Last edited:

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Can you clarify on which apps are sounding different, thanks.

I use the factory ringtone 'chime' for all incoming calls and it's slightly 'tinnier' sounding now.

For text notifications I use the Google hangouts sound which is just louder and somewhat obnoxious now.

Facebook sounds are entirely new, but this as stated was because I had to update all my apps (I factory reset after update to avoid bugs)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo