Smart Stableazation?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Awhile back I found that Smart Stableazation was causing some sort of problem so I shut it off. Now with the new 4.4.4 NK1 update it maybe fixed if only I could remember what the problem was. Seems like it was pretty serious!
Anyone remember what the heck the problem was??😞

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
All I remember from 'Smart' Stabilization was really crappy pictures with moving subjects. Other than that, I don't recall any issues at all with that.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
No, that wasn't the problem I was having. I'll have to look at my old posts to see what I can find!

I just found out why I shut off Smart Stableazation in a new post! It was because when I took a picture it would hesitate and instead of the subject, I would end up with a picture of the floor or whatever! 👍😉

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I told you it was because it made 'moving' pictures crap :p haha

OK, OK, I did only mention the blurry subjects in motion, but yeah, the slow shutter response was also a side effect of how the software processes these 'smart' shots.

mallenb

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Just read this post, so I decided to go turn off my "smart stabilization". Launched the camera and automatically saw that the bottom half of the screen was flashing neon green, went to settings, turned it off and the flashing stopped. Thought maybe if someone else had this issue it would help.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Just read this post, so I decided to go turn off my "smart stabilization". Launched the camera and automatically saw that the bottom half of the screen was flashing neon green, went to settings, turned it off and the flashing stopped. Thought maybe if someone else had this issue it would help.

I don't know what would cause the flashing you describe!
The Smart Stableazation delays the exposure to the point you aim, shoot, wait a few seconds then - click!
If you move after you shoot you don't know what your going to end up with!