Galaxy Note 3 Verizon: Lollipop Update

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else's signal significantly worse? My phone is constantly dropping to 1X now and it never comes back to 3G or 4G without enabling/disabling airplane mode. I factory reset after the update. My signal didn't used to be good on KitKat but it would at least stay in 3G at the worst.
You can try gently tightening the screws under the back cover.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Haven't done anything but install the update and things are going smooth for me. Battery life is noticeably better too.

Normally at that time, the battery would be at about 50%.

Attachments

• 1429331381230.jpg
    1429331381230.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 59

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So 5.0 is installed. Cleared cache a couple times, did a soft reset, then turned off the phone and let if charge fully after playing with settings.
Age a few days i can say: Runs great, takes longer (and gets hot!) to charge, and battery is better.
Wish Google, Samsung, and VZ would let us the consumer weigh in Before it's decided what gets changed, altered, deleted, or left out on the updates though - WTH! I know it's a joke... Anyway it's taking awhile to get used to the lack of 2x2 widget for the Samsung Cal, lack of the Action Memo widget (merged with S note), and color of Samsung Keyboard.
Peace

Posted via Android Central App

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
So 5.0 is installed. Cleared cache a couple times, did a soft reset, then turned off the phone and let if charge fully after playing with settings.
Age a few days i can say: Runs great, takes longer (and gets hot!) to charge, and battery is better.
Wish Google, Samsung, and VZ would let us the consumer weigh in Before it's decided what gets changed, altered, deleted, or left out on the updates though - WTH! I know it's a joke... Anyway it's taking awhile to get used to the lack of 2x2 widget for the Samsung Cal, lack of the Action Memo widget (merged with S note), and color of Samsung Keyboard.
Peace

Sounds like your update has gone well! Mine, not quite so!
I would like to ask, what is a "Soft Reset"?? Maybe that's what I need to do! I've cleared the cache partition several times.Thanks for your input! 👍😉

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
At the advice here, I downloaded Kies and did a backup first.

I downloaded and installed the updates. Mine seemed to hang on the Red Verizon screen a long time but I have a lot on my phone. I was almost to the point of forcing a shutdown and rebooting. I'm glad I did not, as it finally got past it and completed the install. I did not clear cache, or even remove the micro sd card. I will try it today. It already seems to use a bit more battery but it may also have changed some of my settings to default ones for frequency in checking mail. I will return and edit this post after a bit of experience with it.

As posted already, Foxfi still works.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there another way to get to Settings in lollipop aside from the app itself? When in the Touch Wiz it's gone from the left button. I have to have Nova Launcher set to get to System Settings from the left button.

Pull down for the Notifications screen, hit the gear icon in the top right corner.

jazaddict

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know why my media volume just auto-reduces to zero? Just started since the update while earbud listening to soundcloud. Its fine for an hour or 2,then it starts doin the zzzzzzzz-mute thing. Really annoying.

Better battery here.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like your update has gone well! Mine, not quite so!
I would like to ask, what is a "Soft Reset"?? Maybe that's what I need to do! I've cleared the cache partition several times.Thanks for your input! 👍😉

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

Hey Man sorry to hear that... with phone on and no apps open do I battery pull. Then try one more cache clear while starting up. Good luck.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Google Search is not returning any results. Just started this morning. Anyone else having this issue?

I have powered off, pulled battery, cleared cache on App Manager for Google Search. Nada.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just tried Google, working here. Try clearing your cache partition. Sorry, can't manage to copy the url on my phone so search the boards for this or use a different search engine.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Shaggy.

I got it working again by App Store, Google Search, Uninstall Updates to System App then Update.

Weird. But, it's working again.

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else's signal significantly worse? My phone is constantly dropping to 1X now and it never comes back to 3G or 4G without enabling/disabling airplane mode. I factory reset after the update. My signal didn't used to be good on KitKat but it would at least stay in 3G at the worst.

Same thing here. Out of all of the phones I've owned this probably has the worst radios. The rest of the update went fine.