broken screen: will swapping logic board on Note 3 with identical phone mirror it?

toxicburn

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello all
Will swapping logic board of Note3 with identical one mirror it ? Like passwords, settings, files etc.
I broke my LCD on one and got a replacement. Thinking to swap the logic boards to retrieve all data.
Or there are other dependable storages or parts?
(None of the links on magical file transferring work (especially ones that are free ))
Thank you in advance

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It should, in theory, carry everything over. The problem is that you have to be VERY careful if you're messing with the board, since you may damage components in doing so. Why not try to move the good screen (which is not LCD, BTW, it's AMOLED) instead? Or try to get your data out of the old phone through a computer? Avoiding tampering with the internals of the phone is so much safer. Even trying to swap out the screens poses a high risk, and moving the whole board isn't any easier.

toxicburn

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I broke my internal screen not the external. The outer glass is perfectly intact, but screen won't light up nor response to the touch.
There are bunch of videos on YouTube on how to replace it. All of them have whole as emblem replacement
Just wanted to check in with professionals first if it's even gonna work.
I got the android file manager but it throws me error that phone is not accessible (I have a swipe lock enabled )

Last edited:

ReverendOlaf

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you done the swap? I'm considering the same thing. I broke my outer glass and then in the process my digitizer/oled assembly on my vzw Note 3. I was looking at new assemblies, but they were $200ish (less for used), but I found a whole phone for $225.

I'm assuming the phone will have the latest OTAs and thus cannot be rooted like mine was, so I was considering using it as a parts donor. I don't see how there would be any more risk in the swap than with a new oled assembly, but thought your experience may help me decided.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech