change or add phone numbers

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I plan to let my daughter borrow my phone to see if she can use (smaller hands) or likes. Can you add a second ph. number and/or account without reset? If she likes it, I will give it to her & get a G4.
I am on her plan as a family member, that may make it easier or complicate matters.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
No, your phone number is programmed into the SIM card - to change phone numbers, you have to change SIM cards. If she already has an account with the same carrier, this is quite easy.

If this is just a temporary experiment, you could also sign up for a Google Voice number and use that - the settings let you dial out as well as receive calls. However, incoming calls to your original carrier number will still ring your phone in her hands if you don't change the SIM card.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, not concerned about me, I get very few calls or texts & she is either related to them or knows them. I only have the phone for use on our several yearly camping trips to keep in contact when or if we have cell service. She will have to carry 2 phones, and I won't have any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781