Not getting voicemail notifications. Verizon voicemail app disabled

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I was recently told that my voicemail inbox was full, which I thought was strange because as soon as I get a notification, I check it and delete it. After thinking about it, I haven't got a notification for a voicemail in a very long time. I checked my voicemail and it was full, so I deleted everything. I them did a test call and left a message. I never got a notification. A long time ago, I disabled the verizon voicemail app because I thought it was only for visual voicemail which I don't have. I wonder if the app being disabled is not allowing notifications. The problem is that I can't turn the app back on. All my other turned off apps have a option to turn on. The verizon voicemail app only has a disable button and it is greyed out. It almost seems like the app is turned off, but my phone thinks it is on. But with no option to turn on or off.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your voicemail isn't forwarded to somewhere else (Google Voice, perhaps, or another voicemail handling app) by dialing:

*73 (send)

Then try *86 (send) to clear out your existing voicemails, hang up, call from another line, and let it go to voicemail. Also, make sure you didn't uncheck "notifications" on the Voicemail app, and go ahead and clear cache and data on that app while you're in there.

If that doesn't work, give Customer Service at call at *611 or (800) 922-0204. They may need to fix something on their end in Provisioning.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, hit the (green and white) Phone icon, then the Menu key, then Settings, then Call, then scroll down to the Voice Mail section. Does it say Carrier under Voice Mail service? Right under that, go to Voice Mail settings, does it have *86 (or your phone number) in Voicemail number? If you can't get this to work, you may want to switch over to Google Voice for your voicemail, you're already in the right section to change those settings. That way you at least can GET your voicemails. I've used Google Voice since 2009, it's a solid free service.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I checked the setting you mentioned. It does say my carrier under voicemail and and *86. Does google voice still exist. I thought I had heard that they got rid of it and removed everyone's accounts

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Google voice app and set it up. But when I tried using Google voice for my voicemail, it says my carrier (verizon) is not compatible. I left a test voicemail, and opened the Google voice app and it shows nothing.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Odd, it's worked for my Blackberry Storm 2, my Droid Incredible, my Galaxy S3, and my current phone, my Note 3, been with Verizon for over 10 years. Oh well, at least you found something that did work.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I think at this point I'd check with Verizon to see if there's a provisioning fault on your line. It really sounds like part of their system has your voice mail set up with one number, and other parts set up on a different number. I just got a voice mail this morning to my Google Voice number, so I know for sure it's really still working. I think I'd call Customer Service and have them completely remove all voice mail forwarding services from your account just to make sure you're not sending them off to a 3rd party. Then have them test it, while you're on the line. Don't hang up until it's working multiple times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance