Note 3 fell on gravel - won't turn on - NO SCREEN SHATTER

Graciecakes

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Sitting in the car, pulling a toddler out of a car seat, my phone fell two feet off my lap onto the gravel parking lot. On the place of impact, it spider-webbed the tempered glass screen protector. The actual screen itself didn't crack at all, but it had a few small green rectangles underneath the spot of impact. The phone would not turn on. I took the battery out, put it back in, and restarted it. All that turns on is the notification light (blue, sometimes green) and the white buttons on the bottom will faintly light up. This happens every time I try this.

About 1.5 hours after the fall, I went to the Verizon Wireless store. I had an associate immediately help me, but all he did was take the battery out, put it back in, and restart it. He said he tried a few "tricks" on it, but that's all he did... So that did not help at all.

My phone wears a Defender Series OtterBox and a tempered glass screen protector at all times. My phone is a Samsung Note 3 with Verizon Wireless. I've had it brand new since November 2014. It's never taken a tumble like this, and I've never had problems with this phone. Is there anything I can possibly do to save this phone? All replies to this thread are appreciated. I want to switch providers soon, so purchasing a new phone under my contract is not ideal to me right now. Thank you for any help you provide!

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's great that you have all this protection for the phone casing and screen. But these are computers after all and not designed for hard impacts. Sounds like a simple reboot did not work and pretty sure the rep tried holding the power, home and volume key with no luck.
Could be a simple repair. I would send in to be checked. Good luck.

Graciecakes

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
I've never encountered a problem either! I guess I hit in the exact spot to destroy the insides of the screen. If you look at the screen with a magnifying glass, you can see shattered pixels..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23