Verizon Pre-Orders Available Now @ $199 (16GB) after $50 mail-in rebate

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
https://twitter.com/VZWnews/status/327071601143201793

And there you have it.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow. Samsung Galaxy S4 | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless 4G LTE

Not more information outside of that (storage size, ship date, etc.)...it's something at least.

UPDATE: Looks like price will be $200 after a $50 mail-in rebate for the 16 GB version.
Verizon opens Galaxy S4 pre-orders tomorrow for $199.99, ship date still unknown | The Verge

UPDATE2: Pre-order page is now live. https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/. Only the black GS4 looks to be available for pre-order at this time.

UPDATE3: White Frost is also now available.

Last edited:

GB333

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pre-Orders Begin April 25th

Wahoo!!

(What was the point in signing up to receive "latest information and news" if they were just going to tweet it and not bother to email it to those of us that signed up? I don't "tweet" so thanks for letting us know!)

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm super excited. Thanks a million I've been stalking Verizon website and twitter page lol. Does that mean it should be soon? I just became a Verizon customer about 2 days ago and my 2 weeks are up the 5th of May and I want this phone

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm super excited. Thanks a million I've been stalking Verizon website and twitter page lol. Does that mean it should be soon? I just became a Verizon customer about 2 days ago and my 2 weeks are up the 5th of May and I want this phone

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Hard to say when they'll ship or have them available in stores. It could be a few days, a week, or up to a month. We might see tomorrow when pre-orders begin.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Still a bummer that verizon customers have to pay $50 more up front then deal with a mail in rebate. Thats just sounds like a pain in the a**

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

While I'm here, how much more quickly would you get this opposed to waiting for it to come to the store?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Gotta wait for the 32GB version.

I agree. As someone who likes to horde their music and use PowerAmp instead of Google's music player, 16 GB was not enough using my Droid DNA. Then again, I suppose there would be no harm in just simply storing it on a SD card.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if we get the 16GB one on verizon and they release the 32GB within the two week or 30 day return period, can we return it? Also was thinking about the rebate, if you use it does that obligate you to keep the phone. I don't want to waste anybody's time or money but if they don't release both at the same time they could be doing it to themselves.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I agree. As someone who likes to horde their music and use PowerAmp instead of Google's music player, 16 GB was not enough using my Droid DNA. Then again, I suppose there would be no harm in just simply storing it on a SD card.

Not when the user actually gets 11 or 12 gb's out of the 16.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I'm going to tell myself that they are going to ship pre-orders early and May 30th is the worst case scenario :)

sithjedi333

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

What do you think prices will be for Verizon off contract (full price) 32GB and 64GB versions? When will those units be available for preorder or in store?

Thx!!

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Looks like May 30th just got confirmed. See updated AC post. Wow that is just crazy...almost a month after other carriers!

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Looks like May 30th just got confirmed. See updated AC post. Wow that is just crazy...almost a month after other carriers!

I saw...a whole month later!! CRAP BALLS! MY best bet is to get a cheap verizon phone for right now to get me through the month until the S4 is released

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to tell myself that they are going to ship pre-orders early and May 30th is the worst case scenario :)

I'm hoping for this as well. I've been on my Thunderbolt since its release and it is needing replacing BADLY. I've been coming to AC for the past few days hoping to see something about Verizon's release date... May 30th? WTF. I just don't know if I can wait that long... and for only 16GB. Pfft.

JVH1982

May 8, 2011
Visit site

I, too, am holding out for the 64GB model. I'm a storage junkie, though, realistically, I could "make do" with the 32GB and get a storage card. Expandable memory FTW!

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Question:

My upgrade isnt available until May 15. Can I preorder tomorrow with upgrade pricing? or do I have to wait until the May 15?