Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Pre-Orders Available Now @ $199 (16GB) after $50 mail-in rebate

And there you have it.
    The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow. 4G LTE
    Not more information outside of that (storage size, ship date, etc.)...it's something at least.

UPDATE: Looks like price will be $200 after a $50 mail-in rebate for the 16 GB version.

UPDATE2: Pre-order page is now live. . Only the black GS4 looks to be available for pre-order at this time.

UPDATE3: White Frost is also now available.
    Last edited by Mooem; 04-25-2013 at 07:02 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    major payne, GB333 and xoxojess like this.

Default Re: Verizon Pre-Orders Begin April 25th

About time....

Wahoo!!

(What was the point in signing up to receive "latest information and news" if they were just going to tweet it and not bother to email it to those of us that signed up? I don't "tweet" so thanks for letting us know!)
    318sugarhill likes this.

Global Posts
    1,123 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I'm super excited. Thanks a million I've been stalking Verizon website and twitter page lol. Does that mean it should be soon? I just became a Verizon customer about 2 days ago and my 2 weeks are up the 5th of May and I want this phone

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    I'm super excited. Thanks a million I've been stalking Verizon website and twitter page lol. Does that mean it should be soon? I just became a Verizon customer about 2 days ago and my 2 weeks are up the 5th of May and I want this phone

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Hard to say when they'll ship or have them available in stores. It could be a few days, a week, or up to a month. We might see tomorrow when pre-orders begin.

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Gotta wait for the 32GB version.
    tx_tuff and Mr McQ like this.

Still a bummer that verizon customers have to pay $50 more up front then deal with a mail in rebate. Thats just sounds like a pain in the a**

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post
    Still a bummer that verizon customers have to pay $50 more up front then deal with a mail in rebate. Thats just sounds like a pain in the a**
    This post made me laugh. Thanks.

OP, thanks for reporting this!! Been waiting...

While I'm here, how much more quickly would you get this opposed to waiting for it to come to the store?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Gotta wait for the 32GB version.
    I agree. As someone who likes to horde their music and use PowerAmp instead of Google's music player, 16 GB was not enough using my Droid DNA. Then again, I suppose there would be no harm in just simply storing it on a SD card.

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I wonder if we get the 16GB one on verizon and they release the 32GB within the two week or 30 day return period, can we return it? Also was thinking about the rebate, if you use it does that obligate you to keep the phone. I don't want to waste anybody's time or money but if they don't release both at the same time they could be doing it to themselves.
    xoxojess likes this.

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mooem View Post
    I agree. As someone who likes to horde their music and use PowerAmp instead of Google's music player, 16 GB was not enough using my Droid DNA. Then again, I suppose there would be no harm in just simply storing it on a SD card.
    Not when the user actually gets 11 or 12 gb's out of the 16.

I'm going to tell myself that they are going to ship pre-orders early and May 30th is the worst case scenario

What do you think prices will be for Verizon off contract (full price) 32GB and 64GB versions? When will those units be available for preorder or in store?

Thx!!

Looks like May 30th just got confirmed. See updated AC post. Wow that is just crazy...almost a month after other carriers!

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Not when the user actually gets 11 or 12 gb's out of the 16.
    On the AC review, it a little over 9gb for the sprint model.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Global Posts
    1,123 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by lindseybp View Post
    Looks like May 30th just got confirmed. See updated AC post. Wow that is just crazy...almost a month after other carriers!
    I saw...a whole month later!! CRAP BALLS! MY best bet is to get a cheap verizon phone for right now to get me through the month until the S4 is released

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSTi View Post
    I'm going to tell myself that they are going to ship pre-orders early and May 30th is the worst case scenario
    I'm hoping for this as well. I've been on my Thunderbolt since its release and it is needing replacing BADLY. I've been coming to AC for the past few days hoping to see something about Verizon's release date... May 30th? WTF. I just don't know if I can wait that long... and for only 16GB. Pfft.

ROM
    Stock

I, too, am holding out for the 64GB model. I'm a storage junkie, though, realistically, I could "make do" with the 32GB and get a storage card. Expandable memory FTW!

Question:

My upgrade isnt available until May 15. Can I preorder tomorrow with upgrade pricing? or do I have to wait until the May 15?

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Question:

My upgrade isnt available until May 15. Can I preorder tomorrow with upgrade pricing? or do I have to wait until the May 15?
    I believe you have to wait.

No 32gb version initially is a bummer.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSTi View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Verizon is just plain slow. They need the extra time to have all the useless bloat to it.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    On the AC review, it a little over 9gb for the sprint model.
    And this is why I am holding out for the 32GB version, I simply can't live with 9GB of available space. At this stage they shouldn't even be releasing 16GB phones, 32GB & 64GB call it a day. I mean come on, the GN2 on Verizon still had 10.8GB of space so what the hell did Samsung put on the GS4 that takes an extra 1.8GB?
    scorpiodsu and thoughthalo like this.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by JVH1982 View Post
    I, too, am holding out for the 64GB model. I'm a storage junkie, though, realistically, I could "make do" with the 32GB and get a storage card. Expandable memory FTW!
    I don't think we will ever see a 64GB in the US, but the 32GB will likely be 1-2 months and hopefully not much longer. I am stuck on a flip phone, I thought the 32GB would launch as well but clearly that was a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    And this is why I am holding out for the 32GB version, I simply can't live with 9GB of available space. At this stage they shouldn't even be releasing 16GB phones, 32GB & 64GB call it a day. I mean come on, the GN2 on Verizon still had 10.8GB of space so what the hell did Samsung put on the GS4 that takes an extra 1.8GB?
    Probably a combination of new features and the apps that get bigger after every update. Every new feature usually requires a new app or new process that takes up space. When looking at my HTC One and using titanium backup, I can so so many HTC Sense processes that are needed to run the software. That's why a lot of people just like plain Android. But I agree with you, 16GB shouldn't even be considered for high end phones anymore, especially if there is no expandable memory, i.e. Nexus and Droid DNA. And even if it is expandable I don't like 2 separate partitions to manage my stuff. Have to move stuff around and decide what stuff you want to keep on the phone's memory and all apps don't save date to memory cards like Play music or screenshots. I rather have 1 partition that's large enough for my media. But that's just me.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast