Hold Out for 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 on Verizon? Any Sign of 32GB Verizon??

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 is awesome, but I have upgrades on two of my lines and am tempted to get an S4...I am an avid photographer and Galaxy Note 10.1 user, and I know I would enjoy it and I could sell my perfect condition SGS3 that I just got as a replacement from VZW....but I am so wanting to have more than 16GB internal memory...yeah I have a 32GB card that's less than half full and a 64GB card in my Note 10.1 4G, but don't you think VZW will offer a 32GB version???? Seems late in the game to buy a device with only 16GB internal memory doesn;t it?? Please...? May be??? The limitation of not being able to install apps on the SD Card or move them there (and am not interested in rooting my phone BTW) is a serious limitation. Really....

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 is awesome, but I have upgrades on two of my lines and am tempted to get an S4...I am an avid photographer and Galaxy Note 10.1 user, and I know I would enjoy it and I could sell my perfect condition SGS3 that I just got as a replacement from VZW....but I am so wanting to have more than 16GB internal memory...yeah I have a 32GB card that's less than half full and a 64GB card in my Note 10.1 4G, but don't you think VZW will offer a 32GB version???? Seems late in the game to buy a device with only 16GB internal memory doesn;t it?? Please...? May be??? The limitation of not being able to install apps on the SD Card or move them there (and am not interested in rooting my phone BTW) is a serious limitation. Really....

Since you have an awesome S3 (as I do), I would definitely wait for the 32gb to drop. I started my S3 adventure with a 16gb and after seeing what the actual end user space there was, I opted for the 32gb. I did have to order it on-line though. But I am also thinking since Verizon is launching well after everyone else (as usual :D), I'm hoping they launch both the 16 and 32gb version together. I highly doubt Verizon will do the 64gb version. And remember you'll pay the restocking fee if you grab the 16 now, then want the 32 later.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, think you are right. But they put up the pre order page and offered only 16GB version. I just how it won't be long before they let us order a 32GB version by calling. We will see, but I am not going to buy a16GB phone that can not store apps anywhere but in that 16GB internal memory,.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
...after seeing the S4 at the local AT&T I journeyed over to the Best Buy around the corner. Sales girl there says she doubts her store would be selling any 32GB S4 units with any carrier because the S3 32GB didn't sell very well. I then directed her attention over to an advertisement on her counter offering the iPhone 5 16GB, 32GB & 64GB. I said, "THERE is the S4's main competition!" She confirmed they had all three iPhone 5 models in stock. [my eyes roll up]

Sorry but I don't believe the stories that few people even want the 32GB or 64GB S4 models. Apps are getting larger, videos are now 1080P (at least 124Mb/min), etc... we need space.

Which then makes me wonder IF you buy a 16GB or 32GB model is the internal flash using FAT32? (Since you only need ExFAT for SD chips larger than 32GB) If that's the case then you will be limited to 4GB Maximum video files. Admittedly, that's at least 32 minutes of 1080P video at approx. 124MB/minute ..... but it could happen.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone makes a tough example for the scenario we are discussing since it doesn't accept any SD expansion to accommodate the bigger files you are talking about. It would seem they have to sell 32GB and 64GB versions for iphone. I don't think it is widely understood that you can not install apps on the SD cards in the Galaxy phones. Only per users are going to look for 32GB versions I think and that will mean they may not offer it at least for a while.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 2

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There is only 9gb free out of box with the S4. Just six of my Gameloft games will fill that up, so I will wait for a Verizon 32gb or stay with my S3 32gb. I tested the S4 out today and it is very nice, so hoping corporate people come to their senses. The stock answer from both At&t and Verizon sales people is "you can install apps to the sd card or cloud". I am unfortunately being serious.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I heard that same answer only a few days ago in a VZW Corporate Store- when the VZW person was asked about the Galaxy Note II only having 16GB he said it's no problem because you can add a micro SD card and put the apps there. :confused:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I heard that same answer only a few days ago in a VZW Corporate Store- when the VZW person was asked about the Galaxy Note II only having 16GB he said it's no problem because you can add a micro SD card and put the apps there. :confused:

You haven't been able to put apps on the SD Card since Gingerbread was launched.

techdad3

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Point well taken, I need 32gigs at least to hold some of the android apps purchased with my Nexus 7 which is about 8gigs already. I plan on keeping the phone for two years and with only little more than 9 gigs left from the base model 16 gigs shipped leaves very little room for future apps without juggling some of them on and off the phone to create space. Wanted to ditch my iphone4 with 32gigs for the S4, but I guess it isn't happening.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Confirmed?? *NO 32GB Galaxy S4 On Verizon EVER* ??

I for one would like to know who the source was. This guy must have spoken to a Verizon rep.....Lol

This guy says it's "confirmed" buy yet offers no real proof.

Until I read from Verizon directly they won't be a 32GB S4, I'm throwing the bs flag.

Sounds like a rep that was guessing, since the wording did not fit any stretch of what a corporate spokesperson would say. Still, not launching with the 32gb out of the gate supports such non supported statements.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

On the otehr hand, doesn;t look like 32GB versions have materialized for the other US carriers either...I live chatted with an ATT Rep earlier and she went off and confirmed no 32GB at launch (even though at one point they supposedly advertised $199 16GB $249 32GB with 2 year plans), but she claimed they expect to have 32GB later....who knows...just a CSR in a call center at ATT.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You haven't been able to put apps on the SD Card since Gingerbread was launched.

My understanding is an APP using Ice Cream Sandwich and beyond can be moved to the SD card but to actually use the APP it has to be moved back into the internal memory.

I'm still using Gingerbread on my Droid Charge.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

On the otehr hand, doesn;t look like 32GB versions have materialized for the other US carriers either...I live chatted with an ATT Rep earlier and she went off and confirmed no 32GB at launch (even though at one point they supposedly advertised $199 16GB $249 32GB with 2 year plans), but she claimed they expect to have 32GB later....who knows...just a CSR in a call center at ATT.

But I want it now.... It would be amazing if it came out this week, would fit right in with the new 3D TV coming in this week, and stand, and car audio, and moga pro, omg....

On second thought, my head might explode if it were released this next week. Best it hold off until the week after. ;-)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Folks, pushing app to SD card with JB is for very experienced modders. Even then the device will be unstable. The only practical solution is the carriers to offer the 32GB versions.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I for one would like to know who the source was. This guy must have spoken to a Verizon rep.....Lol

This guy says it's "confirmed" buy yet offers no real proof.

Until I read from Verizon directly they won't be a 32GB S4, I'm throwing the bs flag.

+1
Right on!
Don't accept this report as the all mighty truth...waiting for an "Official" report from V.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674