Is the Verizon S4 unlocked?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
bwahahahahah bwahahahahahha

Verizon and Unlocked should never be in the same vocabulary. One theory is that Verizon was waiting for the others to get unloacked so that they could find out how it was done and then block it.. but that just conspiracy.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
What needs to be done to use overseas with local SIM card?

Call and ask nicely... if, and only IF you have been a good long term customer, they MIGHT unlock it for you. At least that has worked with other companies in the past. Personally, I have never asked Verizon... but I don't plan on traveling overseas. Good Luck!!!

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Call and ask nicely... if, and only IF you have been a good long term customer, they MIGHT unlock it for you. At least that has worked with other companies in the past. Personally, I have never asked Verizon... but I don't plan on traveling overseas. Good Luck!!!

I had a blackberry unlocked a few years ago, I took it to Germany and bought a SIM and used it there just fine. Just ask.

s44

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Actually, none of the big Verizon releases has been SIM-locked for a while. The S3 and the Note 2 did try to hide the ball by making APNs uneditable without root, but root it and it's simple.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that all the LTE phones are unlocked. That was part of the deal when the FCC released the LTE spectrum.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
bwahahahahah bwahahahahahha

Verizon and Unlocked should never be in the same vocabulary. One theory is that Verizon was waiting for the others to get unloacked so that they could find out how it was done and then block it.. but that just conspiracy.

Actually, Verizon is the only major carrier who provides sim unlocked phones while under subsidy. All of their recent 4GLTE phones that have gsm radios other than 4GLTE are sim unlocked. This can't be said for predominantly gsm carriers like att or tmo. Of course, Verizon probably didn't want to get fined by the fcc again for violating the block c terms

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

joeyvaz

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just pre-ordered my S4 and asked about unlocking it. Rep told me that all LTE phones from Verizon come unlocked. So when I go on vacation I can just pop in a SIM card and start using it. The rep confirmed this is the case.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I just pre-ordered my S4 and asked about unlocking it. Rep told me that all LTE phones from Verizon come unlocked. So when I go on vacation I can just pop in a SIM card and start using it. The rep confirmed this is the case.

You should ask about unlocked for data/voice/text you may find voice and text but have an issue with data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1