1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 16 g only?

I spoke to verizon and they said the only version available for preorder is the 16gb but the 32 will be available when they are released to stores.

I'm not sure if that is true, but why would someone get the 16 gb version when apps can't be installed to the ad card without rooting?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: 16 g only?

The 16G version is the only one that Verizon is currently offering on their website for preorder.

They will sell a LOT of 16G versions, because it's Samsung's newest flagship device... and also a lot of people can not wait for, OR know about the 32G version. Also, there is the factor that no one really knows when they will start selling the 32G versions... at least right now they don't, and they might no know the first week or so after they start selling the 16G version.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

I hope you're right about the 32gb being in store on launch day. I might swap out my 16gb if that's the case. Could I swap out my 16gb I ordered online in store?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,338 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just wait for the 32gb.....otherwise you're boned for the stocking fee.

I hope your right as well. I would like the 32gb version. I am going to hold out till it launches.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I actually saved the chat from verizon sales saying that it will be in stores with both 32 and 16 GB versions.

she said it was the same thing when the S3 launched. Does anyone remember that?

I definitely will wait. I plan on rooting anyway, but inboard memory always seems to work better with android os .

Quote Originally Posted by da_goldstein View Post
    I actually saved the chat from verizon sales saying that it will be in stores with both 32 and 16 GB versions.

I definitely will wait. I plan on rooting anyway, but inboard memory always seems to work better with android os .
    Sales reps lie to people everyday... most don't really know what they are talking about or just continue to spread rumors that they heard as official, but in reality no one actually got through official channels. Don't believe anything you hear from a rep, in store or over the phone with their official reps!!!
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by da_goldstein View Post

When the S3 was launched I checked 2 or 3 stores and none was available and was told at all 3 stores I had to order from the web site. I checked Best Buy as well and they did not carry it. It was just as well cause they overnighted it to me and I had it at 10AM the next day. I think though the S3 32gb was available at pre order but not sure on that. I did not want to pre order as I wanted to go to the store and have one in my hand before I purchased. I was really hoping I could just purchase and take it home but that was just a worthless daydream I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Sales reps lie to people everyday... most don't really know what they are talking about or just continue to spread rumors that they heard as official, but in reality no one actually got through official channels. Don't believe anything you hear from a rep, in store or over the phone with their official reps!!!
    They are there to sell, sell, sell and don't really care what they say if they can sell you something they have in stock or get you to came back when they have something close to what you want and they will sell you that. They are not different than car sales people. Don't trust what they say.