Google Wallet and Verizon Galaxy S4

Parafly9

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This was an issue with my google Nexus. It worked, then it didn't, then I had to sideload the app, then it stopped working again. Will we be able to use Google Wallet on the S4? Legally or with a root / workaround?

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I've read too that VZW likes ISIS. I don't know much about ISIS, and when I tried researching it, it looked as if it's only available in certain cities. I think it was SLC and Austin. Is this true?

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've read too that VZW likes ISIS. I don't know much about ISIS, and when I tried researching it, it looked as if it's only available in certain cities. I think it was SLC and Austin. Is this true?

that is what is published, however, it actually works for making payments anywhere they use Chase Mobile pay system. You just won't get alot of the fancier options provided by Isis (loyalty cards, offers, etc).

Chase Mobile Pay

s44

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Root-based hacks to install/use Wallet have been worked out already for the T-Mobile and AT&T variants. Verizon should be the same.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I find it suspicious that by coincidence Verizon says that Google wallet is too risky and they are working on ISIS. What really ticks me off is they are not even financially at risk and they bork Google wallet when ISIS is not functioning in my area at all.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I installed ISIS on my S4, it did nag me to turn NFC on (it was off). I was able to setup my account and add my Amex and Chase Freedom cards. I also got $10 free cash on the ISIS debit card.

Even though I am in Michigan, I think I will be able to use the app in Michigan. The bottom icon (General contactless payment icon) is prevelant in Michigan. I will report back later if it works or not.

[UPDATE] I was able to use the ISIS app at Meijer using my AMEX card. Worked without a hitch!

MbrZIlE.jpg

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, ISIS doesn't work with rooted devices. I also haven't switched to the new SIM

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
ISIS is a joint venture between Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T. The only reason Verizon is blocking Google Wallet is because it is competition for them.
Isis (mobile payment system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ISIS is what VZW is pushing so you will have to do the same thing on the S4 you do on your NEXUS. VZW seems to have an issue with Google Wallet and your financial safety

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...mclient.verizon.activity&hl=en&token=0J10iAGL
Verizon Wireless - Explore

shafty023

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
If you are on Verizon or AT&T or Tmobile and are fed up with these carriers blocking access to Google Wallet please take 1 minute and find your Congressional representative and fire them off a message stating the following (just copy/paste):

Verizon/AT&T/Tmobile are using unfair business practices to monopolize mobile payment systems. They have a joint venture named "Isis" and due to their vested interest are blocking access to 3rd party wallet systems such as Google's "Wallet" application. This is illegal and I need you as my representative to please do something about this. Isis is an incomplete service that only functions in 2 cities across the US whereas Google's "wallet" system is nationwide and easier to use. I should not be restricted to install whatever app/service I want on my device. Please help me as your constituent.

Please post this on every social network you can so as many people as possible do what's needed above!

Find your representative
Find Your Representative ? House.gov

Find your 4 digit additional zip code number (required when filling out contact form for your representative)
https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Google wallet worked on my Gnex until Verizon stopped it. I rooted to use it again and they borked it again. Its like a car dealer requiring you to use their gas mix just because they can. Hey I bought the phone and pay for your service can you just leave me alone now!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan