Now that you have your S4 how do you like it, pros/ cons

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
So i received mine today, wasn't able to activate it one quick call to vzw and working great. So far no cons other than 8.6 gigs left of internal memory.

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So i received mine today, wasn't able to activate it one quick call to vzw and working great. So far no cons other than 8.6 gigs left of internal memory.

I read somewhere that if you factory data reset right when you get it That it'll clear up another gig of space i haven't tried it yet

sent from my galaxy s4

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's great if google left us store apps on external, I mean you have Dropbox for photos and play for music and movies, apps and games are what we need storage for

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Just pop a 64GB microSD and you're set. I did that with my S3 32GB and never even used 16 inside the phone. That's why I went with the 16 this time, save some money and not worry about it.

You can't install apps to the memory card though at lest from what I can tell.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
File this under cons. To much wasted space.

uploadfromtaptalk1369208145557.jpg

I mean come on I know it's dark outside I have a window I don't need an indicator for AM/PM

Posted from my VZW Galaxy S4 via the Android Central Forums App

davidkim1106

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, i have detected a minor flaw/defect in the upper right corner of the screen. . It looks like bad pixels. Although the affected area is small and is barely noticeable, it annoys me since it's a new device and I'm thinking of exchanging it with a new phone.

Posted via Android Central App

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Like the battery life. Like the feel of the phone and the screen. Like the light weight feel and slim design.

Dislike the Screen on when a text is received. Dislike the very little, reliable control of the LED notifications. REALLY dislike the fact that the battery door for Wireless Charging has not been released yet.

SupaBlackB

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Like the battery life. Like the feel of the phone and the screen. Like the light weight feel and slim design.

Dislike the Screen on when a text is received. Dislike the very little, reliable control of the LED notifications. REALLY dislike the fact that the battery door for Wireless Charging has not been released yet.

for the LED notifications, you can install LightFlow....

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
anyone else how is everyone liking the new phone? anyone come from a note 2 to this what do you think?
I have a Note 2 and even though the S4 is awesome I think I'm gonna go back to my Note 2.
The screen is amazing, the build quality is great, the lightness, thinness and feel of the phone is great, but I just can't get over the much smaller screen. The Note 2 is huge, but it's still manageable in my hands. For anyone who thinks the Note 2 is way too big, the S4 would be perfect for you.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 2 and even though the S4 is awesome I think I'm gonna go back to my Note 2.
The screen is amazing, the build quality is great, the lightness, thinness and feel of the phone is great, but I just can't get over the much smaller screen. The Note 2 is huge, but it's still manageable in my hands. For anyone who thinks the Note 2 is way too big, the S4 would be perfect for you.

How's the signal strength compared to the Note 2?

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
How's the signal strength compared to the Note 2?

Pretty much identical.

The colors on the S4 are more natural looking, the brightness is about the same. If the Note 3 is anything like the S4 is to the S3 (thinner, lighter, slightly bigger screen, smaller bezel, better resolution) I'm gonna be in love.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

ok cool thanks i am still torn between the two not sure i will use the styles at all or very much on the note but man that big screen is nice.. just not sure if it will get old using it and pocketting it being that big going to verizon tonight to compare the two they said they would have a live s4 today