Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cpandafeng
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi calling?

Does Verizon not allow Wifi calling? I know the phone is supposed to have the ability - but when I go to turn it on, it's not there. Anyone know how to turn this on?

ps. I GOT MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Wifi calling?

Talkatone (free. In the App Store ) uses your Google Voice number to make free U.S. calls over WiFi. They also have an iOS version, which works great on the iPad.

I don't think any verizon phone ever was able to wifi call out of the box without some sort of app. I may be wrong but don't recall this being one of the features on their devices.

Pretty sure that only T-mobile is the only US carrier to support native wifi calling without any app. Its a shame, since it should be a feature every carrier has. Other carriers make you buy a Femtocell (an official repeater of sorts) which sucks.
    Premium1 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you for the information, everyone! I did have t-mobile for the past 8 years, so I guess I just thought everyone had it. Bummer! But thankfully I have better coverage with Verizon so hopefully I won't need it.

Sprint allows it also. I use it on both my Note 3 and One Max.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpandafeng View Post
    Pretty sure that only T-mobile is the only US carrier to support native wifi calling without any app. Its a shame, since it should be a feature every carrier has. Other carriers make you buy a Femtocell (an official repeater of sorts) which sucks.