Has anyone purchased a phone from best buy? How was your experience with them?

remedemic

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Looking at my options and was wondering if Best Buy was a good option for picking up my S4 tomorrow. Care to share your experiences with best buy mobile in the past?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Looking at my options and was wondering if Best Buy was a good option for picking up my S4 tomorrow. Care to share your experiences with best buy mobile in the past?

They are a great option. Sometimes it's more expensive to go there than other places, but they offer a great protection plan that you should definitely consider.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Ditto. Got my S3 from them. Protection plan (if it hasn't changed) is much batter than every one elses. Most likely will get my next one from them too. It has almost come to the point where I go into my carrier store to play with new phones, as all theirs are powered displays.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Bought my wifes Note 2 from thier on 4/2 the experience was pleasant and got a 50$ gift card.. then 3 days later it went on sale and they honored that sale.. paid total of 149.99 plus tax

rbernard80

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Picked my S4 up there today. No problems at all in the store. They were $50 more than Verizon (after Verizon mail in rebate), and 70 more than amazon, I had a$50 gift card promotion so it evened out. They did talk me into their protection plan.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
you guys know they pricematch with like everywhere right?

depending on the store you go to, or even the BB rep you speak to. according to company policy, they are not to price match on contracted smartphones. however, I know two people who did it at two different Best buy stores in my area. so it just depends.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
They've gone even farther to eliminate their price matching....now it has to say "Low Price Guarantee" next to the item before they will price match most of the time.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just asked someone in best buy if they would price match, because my friend is looking to get the note 2, and its actually cheaper through Verizon. they want the protection plan from best buy, and best buy said they would price match it.

Last edited:

Cylemmulo

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
depending on the store you go to, or even the BB rep you speak to. according to company policy, they are not to price match on contracted smartphones. however, I know two people who did it at two different Best buy stores in my area. so it just depends.

That is odd i did read that too, however when I went I got both me and my wifes contract phones price matched. If they say no I would either ask for a manager or say you called up and they said they would, most likely you could bully them into it lol

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the change on price match policy had anything to do with them losing $$ on price matching Walmarts iPhone price cut.

Mydnightsorrow

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Picked my S4 up there today. No problems at all in the store. They were $50 more than Verizon (after Verizon mail in rebate), and 70 more than amazon, I had a$50 gift card promotion so it evened out. They did talk me into their protection plan.

Go back and get your other $50. They dropped their price to $199 and they will price match.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084