1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Shortcuts on Lock Screen

Hi All. Hope everyone is enjoying their S4. Got mine yesterday around noon and loving it so far. Anyone been able to add shortcuts to the lock screen? Particularly Camera?

Default Re: Shortcuts on Lock Screen

I use WidgetLocker, which is a lot more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by rossnovak123 View Post
    Hi All. Hope everyone is enjoying their S4. Got mine yesterday around noon and loving it so far. Anyone been able to add shortcuts to the lock screen? Particularly Camera?
    Settings --> My Device --> Lock screen --> Shortcuts
    Turn that on, and tap on it to customize. You can put any of your apps there, up to 5 at once.
    Thanked by:

Just got mine yesterday and following your instructions there is nothing that says "shortcuts" in the lock screen area...

Hmm, see this screenshot...it's right in the middle on mine.Shortcuts on Lock Screen-uploadfromtaptalk1369368183815.jpg

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Is there a way to hardcode the apps you want? I only see the option for favorite apps... which I assume is just most frequent. I am new to touchwiz though, so I might be missing something simple.

If you click on the word Shortcuts there's actually a sub-menu in there where they can be configured. Took me a minute to figure out as well.
    Thanked by:
    .jpg 

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattskent View Post
    If you click on the word Shortcuts there's actually a sub-menu in there where they can be configured. Took me a minute to figure out as well.
    Thank you sir!

Technically, there is really no "lock screen" when using swipe mode Samsung just calls it that, the only way to have widgets on the main screen is to take all security away correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Bayshore View Post
    Technically, there is really no "lock screen" when using swipe mode Samsung just calls it that, the only way to have widgets on the main screen is to take all security away correct?
    Ah, that must have been why you didn't see the Shortcuts setting. Yes, apparently with this phone the only way to have widgets or shortcuts on the stock lock screen is to have it in swipe mode. It's still a "lock screen" in the sense that it keeps it from turning on and doing random things in your pocket.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

Ah, that must have been why you didn't see the Shortcuts setting. Yes, apparently with this phone the only way to have widgets or shortcuts on the stock lock screen is to have it in swipe mode. It's still a "lock screen" in the sense that it keeps it from turning on and doing random things in your pocket.

I havent been able to get the whole camera widget working on the swipe lockscreen. I have selected it to ON and it tells me to swipe from right to left go access camera. Doing so just unlocks the phone as normal?

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    I havent been able to get the whole camera widget working on the swipe lockscreen. I have selected it to ON and it tells me to swipe from right to left go access camera. Doing so just unlocks the phone as normal?
    You have to swipe at the top of the screen, over the clock.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Too bad, because I'd like to keep my S4 secured via a PIN and have access to the lock screen widgets. I suppose I can live without them though.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

And that's why I miss stock Android. Can't wait for easy root solution!

Quote Originally Posted by garavin#AC View Post
    Too bad, because I'd like to keep my S4 secured via a PIN and have access to the lock screen widgets. I suppose I can live without them though.
    This is what you can do with WidgetLocker. You can also add pin or pattern lock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shortcuts on Lock Screen-image.jpg  

I bought my gs4 from optus and reckon they disable lockscreen shortcuts. Althiugh in in swipe mode, there is no shortcuts option. Does soneone knows how to resolve this? Thanks in advance

Did you resolve your question? I also the same problem and need some help too