Trying to choose a protection plan (Insurance for GS4) HELP!

tfast500

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys usually buy protection plans for your smartphones? If so any suggestions are the ones through the carrier (Verizon) good? for the money?

or

Do you guys go through a third party company if so what one?

Thanks in advanced!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey there! :) I always buy protection plans on my electronics, as it's always cheaper to pay for the replacement through insurance than it is to buy new at retail, and accidents most definitely happen! I use Asurion, through Verizon. For full coverage (theft, water damage, screen breaking, etc.) I pay $7 a month. The deductible is $99, which is much cheaper than other carriers, which are generally $199. We are allowed two claims a year. There are many other third party insurers that are available, and some of them sound like a good deal. I unfortunately do not know about many of those, so I will allow the other users to fill you in :)

prodigy1814

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I use Squaretrade. They have a 20% off promotion for any Galaxy phone. Two year plan for $99 and $99 deductible. "If your phone breaks we'll ship it to our repair depot for free. If we can't fix your phone, we'll pay you to the full cost to replace the phone." Squaretrade does not cover theft.
Samsung Galaxy S Insurance

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Squaretrade. They have a 20% off promotion for any Galaxy phone. Two year plan for $99 and $99 deductible. "If your phone breaks we'll ship it to our repair depot for free. If we can't fix your phone, we'll pay you to the full cost to replace the phone." Squaretrade does not cover theft.
Samsung Galaxy S Insurance

+1 for SquareTrade. I've been using them for years with great results. They have always honored my claims with no hassle.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather just have Asurion for the simple fact that it covers theft and I don't have to wait for it to be repaired. Just have a new phone shipped to me. I do use squaretrade for my tablet though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton