sim card question

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
ok this may have been answered already but i just got the S4 on a line that had 2gig i have unlimited and i am back at work and going to swap the s4 to my unlimited line do i have to get a new sim card?

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
If you have a SIM card from your old phone (the unlimited one), just pop it into the S4. If not, you will need a new SIM card.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
crap its not letting me change the old phone back to the line with the S4 i have tried 3 times online calling *611 now any ideas?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
What phone is on the unlimited line, and what phone is on the 2gb line? If they both use the same sim card, you should just be able to swap sim cards. It may take a few minutes to register with the network, but just swapping sims should work.

Now if your Sim cards are different sizes, then you can have the sim cards reprogrammed from the Myacoount sections on the VZW website. Just click switch device and follow the steps. I never knew this was possible until Tuesday night when I got my S4. I was helped by tx_tuff on this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-s4/280790-sim-question.html

Last edited:

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
yep called verizon the guy took care of me quite well even knew what i was doing lol didnt have to switch sim cards just had to reboot both phones all is good just checked i still have the unlimited on my line :) life is good lol here is what i did
i had an upgrade on a totaly different line moved it at the vstore to the line that had 2g then upgraded that line to the s4 then left the store got back to work tried to re activate the old windows phone to where the new s4 was no luck so called the *611 that guy said ok i can do that he words were i smell what your stepping in...lol was a super nice guy he re did the windows phone then put the s4 on my line

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Not surprising, I had the same problem when I tried to reactivate the 3g phone. I called Verizon and they activated it.

me too. Other people seem to have had no issue activating the old phone but I could not get it to work. Had to call. Even the rep had a bit of trouble doing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084