Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Store Experience: Display Mounts

I just was at a Verizon store in Union City, CA, just a couple minutes after it opened this morning. The salesman put me in the queue to be helped; said it would be 30-40 minutes. There were about 6 or 7 customers in the store. I was a bit surprised that it would take that long, and really surprised that no one but me was looking at the S4 demo unit. I was going to wait, but then I attempted to play with the S4 demo unit. The frustrating part is they no longer have their display phones connected to a retractable tether. The display mounts look exactly the same as they always have, however, you can't lift up the phone. There is no longer a retractable cord. I wanted to see what the phone felt like in my hand, but it was impossible to do so since you can't hold it in your hand. I asked the salesman if the display mounts were new; he said they just installed those last week. I can't decide between the S4 and the Note 2, but it's hard to make a valid comparison when you can't hold it in your hand! Since I've put up with a cracked screen (Galaxy Nexus) for a year, I figured I could wait a little longer, and walked out of the store.

Do all the Verizon stores now have these ridiculous mounts so you can't hold the phone it your hand?

Carrier
    [ROM] Nils' Business ICS

Default Re: Verizon Store Experience: Display Mounts

I went to a store here in Orlando , FL and they had retractable tethers there. Not sure why they switched to non tethered there?!?!

The stores around me have the retractable mounts. Maybe they had issues and that was the reason they installed those new crappier mounts?

My store in Altamonte Springs FL had a retractable mount too. Only annoying thing is the white one that window case on it and I had to request they bring out a phone so I could see what the white one looked like naked. Lady acted like I was crazy (but I'm paying for the damn phone not that crappy case so who cares LOL). I picked the white one! Was surprised the black one had a big scratch on the back (they just put the displays out today!) and it looked like they damaged it by putting the retractable thing on it.
    Android Rules

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Same here in Connecticut. Most stores I have been in lately have the retractable corded mounts.