Phone rings but can't answer!

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
This is VERY odd... i got my new S4 yesterday and right before i switched my service over to it from my old Note II the Note II started ringing and I went over to answer it but it was a black standby screen. I did my swipe pattern to get in and it was a idle screen but it was ringing and nothing could silence the ring. It rang about 6 or 7 times and that was it. It did this a few more times and i figured it was some random bug but it didn't matter because i was about to activate my new S4. So i shut the Note II off, activated the S4, all has been great until about a hour ago it started ringing and i couldn't answer it. Same exact thing. And now it seems to be doing it about once a hour. Regular calls still come in fine and i can answer those but these phantom calls are really strange.

Anyone else seeing this weirdness? Typically i would factory reset the phone but since it was happening with my Note II i dont think a factory reset is going to fix anything.

:eek:

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved.... i had a app called "Rainalarm" on my phone... well the default notification sound was my phones ringtone. So everytime the weather started to turn nasty my phone would ring, i happened to be staring at the phone the other day and i saw the rain alarm icon appear in the toolbar and the phone start ringing at exact same time. Removed RainAlarm, problem solved. Duh.

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Why not just change the default notification for Rainalarm?

Problem solved.... i had a app called "Rainalarm" on my phone... well the default notification sound was my phones ringtone. So everytime the weather started to turn nasty my phone would ring, i happened to be staring at the phone the other day and i saw the rain alarm icon appear in the toolbar and the phone start ringing at exact same time. Removed RainAlarm, problem solved. Duh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae