NFC Tags not working?

rotto16

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
So I had some Samsung NFC Tags setup and work on my S3. I'm using NFC task launcher to write to the tags and carry out the actions. Now when I try to use them on my S4 I get a message that the tag is not supported. Anyone else have this problem? What kind of tags are supported?

Posted via Android Central App

jzamorski

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they changed the hardware for NFC tech in the S4... so its a similar problem as the Nexus 4 and 10 have with NFC Tags. There are some non-samsung tags that will work too, you don't have to get the "tectiles".

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for some that are compatible with the Note 2, the S3 and the S4 does it exist? I have one of each of these in my house

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It was stupid of Samsung to make the original TechTiles the way they did. They chose a standard that was basically guaranteed not to work with future NFC readers. All of the tags I set up for controlling things and doing settings are now worthless. Buy new tags through NFC Task Launcher app from Tagstand or if you want some keytag types, Sony has a 4 pack of some nice ones for $20. They work with the S4, unlike Samsung's first batch.

Nicholas Walcott

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
So if I have an older S3 mini without NFC is there are way that i can update my phone with this new software....i think samsung could do this because alot of people bought the Mini as it came out (like myself). It should have a way to update our phones thats only fair....or are you saying we have to sell this phone and get a new one ( not cool atall Samsung, not cool).

Avraham Reiss

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I've just got the Sony Xperia Tablet Z and the Samsung Galaxy 4 phone. Both are Android systems.
In testing NFC connections by placing the machines back-to-back, the Tablet managed to send a photo to the Galaxy, but the Galaxy didn't manage to send a photo to the Tablet.

Any ideas, anyone?

George Wilde

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had problems with NFC when I used S-charger from Samsung.
It is wireless charger. You need replace standard S4 back cower with
thicker S-charger cower. NFC absolutely not working in this case.
Back replacement returns NFC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37