a letter to Verizon?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
With everything that I'm currently seeing that Verizon has turned off / removed should we write a letter to them showing our concern over changing software on the phone. I very upset that they have "nerfed" the phone

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
With everything that I'm currently seeing that Verizon has turned off / removed should we write a letter to them showing our concern over changing software on the phone. I very upset that they have "nerfed" the phone

What did they get rid of?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What did they get rid of?

Block mode (Do Not Disturb), changed the WiFi notification toggle to a persistent notification, took away continuous scrolling on the home screen and app drawer...I think that's basically it. I believe there are some other subtle changes that are really nothing to write home about. The block mode is probably the most egregious issue...why would they remove that? There isn't any rhyme or reason that I could think of

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Block mode (Do Not Disturb), changed the WiFi notification toggle to a persistent notification, took away continuous scrolling on the home screen and app drawer...I think that's basically it. I believe there are some other subtle changes that are really nothing to write home about. The block mode is probably the most egregious issue...why would they remove that? There isn't any rhyme or reason that I could think of

I actually dislike the continuous scroll so I am glad they removed that.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
They have removed or changed more like 4 things. While these may not be thing to write home about they are changes never the less

Wifi Toggle
OCR
Continouous Scrolling
Block Mode (cause they want to charge you for thiers)

Cylemmulo

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Ya the block mode I wish they had and god knows why they had to make the device annoying by putting the persistent wifi notifications. Really all their changes were unnecessary like there is some dude at verizon with some slight preferences that he liked better.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i cannot understand why verizon keeps doing this to their devices but they are certainly making it hard to remain a customer the only thing keeping me at this point is their coverage.

after hurricane sandy hit the east coast many cell towers were damaged and at&t in my area at least never regained which is why i am currently with verizon. However i was recently looking into tmobile and their coverage of hspa+ in my area was exceptional so they may have a new customer soon.

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
What really upsets me is the fact that they won't consider a nexus experience of the galaxy 4. Developer edition is nice and all because of the unlocked bootloader but only having officially 16/9 gb to work with will not be enough these days I don't care if it does come with an sd card. Give me vanilla on this phone and we'll be okay.
Plus Verizon won't be subsidizing the developer edition.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not updated you Verizon, It's upon to Samsung and Google. Most consumers could careless about pure android. You are 2% of the population who care this much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae