texting problem.

Multanii YO

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! I picked up a gs4 yesterday, upgrading from a BIONIC (pos)

So far I have a lot of tricks to learn on this phone overall I like it even though the build quality is horrible. (exchanging mine already there is a divit in the camera lenses)

My question is does anyone have an issue where it sometimes fails to send a text? Ive had it happen about 10 times in the past 12 hours. This virtually never happened to me on any other phone. Is there a fix ? Thanks

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Funny because my wife always has that problem on her Motorola Razr Maxx and I don't and I have the same phone as her. Wonder if it's on Verizon's end.

Multanii YO

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I think IM going to just return it and get my money and my upgrade back. I never should of gotten it from wal mart it has been nothing but trouble,

rvltn123

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Picked one up yesterday too and also moved from a Bionic. No issues. Also just realized that there was a small plastic protective cover on the lens with a cutout. Removed it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Multanii YO

May 24, 2013
Visit site
If you read the posts in that thread they are talking about at times the phone will say the message failed to send but in actuality it does go thru.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Constantly happened on my old Samsung Fascinate......So far I haven't seen this issue on my Galaxy S4.... Like someone said, I think it's more of a Verizon issue.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm having this same problem. Got my phone thursday from Verizon, and text messages were sending fine. On Friday after noon, they started to get slower. And then this morning and today (saturday), the messages won't send, and will eventually say they failed. However, SOME of them do get through, because the person will answer me (even though it says it is still sending). Very frustrating. I understand that some devices will simply be defective, but its still annoying.

I have tried restarting, but with no effect.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps this is related. When my phone is failing to send texts, the speech-to-text does not work to type a text or to search using google now. This wasn't working yesterday, but I didn't think it was related. But now both issues are back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Both my phone, S3 and my wife's S4 would not send texts this morning. Rebooted both phones. Didn't fix it. They wouldn't send a text with more than three sentences. But shorter texts went through fine. I have no idea what the problem is. It must be on Verizon's end as I have never ever had this issue with my S3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I pulled my battery in a desperate fix, and it actually worked. I'm hoping it doesn't come back. Every time I send a text, my heart stops until it sends hehe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums