Is the S Band ever coming out?!

iceberg384

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am trying my best to hold out for the s band after buying my vzw s4. I am tempted to buy the jawbone up but i'm hoping the s band is better

larry313

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I am trying my best to hold out for the s band after buying my vzw s4. I am tempted to buy the jawbone up but i'm hoping the s band is better

Wait, I have the Up and I had the Nike fuel band. The pain with the Up is having to plug it into the phone to update. I believe the S band will have blue tooth. It's an unbelievable feature to not have to take it off to update

Posted via Android Central App

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
My Fitbit Flex is working fine with the S4. Initially, I wanted the S Band.... however, I decided to go with a third party device (Fitbit) so as not to be locked into Samsung. I like that I can use the Flex with any phone.

Valie

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I emailed Samsung Canada asking for a release date and they don't even know yet. I too am waiting patiently for the S-Band but may end up getting the Fitbit or Nike+ GPS sportwatch if they don't release it soon.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just like a lot of the accessories promised by Samsung, I wouldn't get your hopes up for the S Band, although I'm secretly wanting it also lol.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hehe, we still haven't seen the wireless charger promised for the s3, dont get your hopes up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Androidman1985

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey just wanted to add I have the fuelband and the up band. I don't use the fuelband no longer because I no longer have a apple device. So I got the UP band and yes it suxs having to plug it in to sync also no led screen. The fuelband is a much better fit tho. I would say wait for the S band if it comes out.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
More features on the UP and Fitbit Flex than the S-Band. Not to mention that S Health is a pretty weak app compared to the others. I use the UP and am happy with it. It only takes a minute to sync it with the device.

DCDSports

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the fitbit and really like it. It syncs automatically (through Bluetooth) to the S4, and will give a notification if I need to charge it (every week or so). It like that it's smaller, and I can keep it on a belt loop or in a pocket. I don't like things on my wrists . . .

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't buy into a proprietary fitness tracker made by Samsung as an ancillary product (bell or whistle) to help drive sales of their phones. Jawbone, Fitbit and Nike have proven records as standalone trackers that sync with some phones as an added value. I use and love the Fitbit One. Just a few days with it and I realized it was much more than a "gimmick". The company has built an entire ecosystem - support, community, dedicated online tools - specifically for their trackers. They have partnerships with many online fitness/social media sites and mobile devices, making it anything but proprietary. It will only become more functional over time - regardless of what phones I switch to down the road.

FWIW, The FitBit One (unlike the Flex) displays all your info right on the device, greatly reducing the need to rely on your phone to see your progress.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
More features on the UP and Fitbit Flex than the S-Band. Not to mention that S Health is a pretty weak app compared to the others. I use the UP and am happy with it. It only takes a minute to sync it with the device.

I question the longevity of S Health. I wonder how dedicated Samsung is to taking on the whole digital health tracking trend. It seems to me that they have bigger fish to fry (lag?!) and should be happy to simply partner with Nike, Fitbit, etc.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I question the longevity of S Health. I wonder how dedicated Samsung is to taking on the whole digital health tracking trend. It seems to me that they have bigger fish to fry (lag?!) and should be happy to simply partner with Nike, Fitbit, etc.

I doubt Nike will partner with Samsung considering one of the Apple execs serves on the board of directors for Nike. Came up on Google when I was researching when Nike fuel band app will be available on android. And in case if you are wondering the same thing the answer is basically never. Bc of that relationship Nike works almost exclusively with Apple.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital