Newegg screwed the pooch on this one

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
When I ordered my S4 from Newegg, I told them I was going to be using an upgrade from a different line and switching the S4 over to my number. Verizon said to just order the phone and when it arrives, call them (VZW) and they will activate it on my line - no biggie. But Newegg insisted they could and would swap the upgrade for me during the order process.

Long story short, my tracking info said it went through carrier approval (no issues, it sounded like). Thursday afternoon - release day - I received an email from Newegg saying my line is not eligible for an upgrade and my order has been cancelled. WTF?

It worked out perfectly though, because after receiving the email, I stopped in the VZW store - walked out about 20 minutes later with a beautiful black S4 in my hand. Yeah, spent a little more than Newegg ($30), but it was definitely worth it. I am loving this phone!

To Newegg, sorry guys - sucks for you. You didn't get the sale, and I doubt I'll ever order from you again. My experience had way too much hassle involved.

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
When I ordered my S4 from Newegg, I told them I was going to be using an upgrade from a different line and switching the S4 over to my number. Verizon said to just order the phone and when it arrives, call them (VZW) and they will activate it on my line - no biggie. But Newegg insisted they could and would swap the upgrade for me during the order process.

Long story short, my tracking info said it went through carrier approval (no issues, it sounded like). Thursday afternoon - release day - I received an email from Newegg saying my line is not eligible for an upgrade and my order has been cancelled. WTF?

It worked out perfectly though, because after receiving the email, I stopped in the VZW store - walked out about 20 minutes later with a beautiful black S4 in my hand. Yeah, spent a little more than Newegg ($30), but it was definitely worth it. I am loving this phone!

To Newegg, sorry guys - sucks for you. You didn't get the sale, and I doubt I'll ever order from you again. My experience had way too much hassle involved.

From past experiences, Newegg itself is a wonderful company. It seems that the real issue is the company which they use to handle phone orders (Simplexity). I've ordered a ton of computer parts from Newegg in the past and I've never been disappointed with them.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I get most of my pc parts from Newegg, I have never used their wireless but I can tell you, you would be making a mistake by blacklisting them because of their wireless department.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Newegg_Support

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your order.

We would be glad to look further into this issue. If there is anything we can do for you, please send us an email to wecare@newegg.com and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Newegg.com

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your order.

We would be glad to look further into this issue. If there is anything we can do for you, please send us an email to wecare@newegg.com and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Newegg.com

Wow, that about sums it up right there. They opened an account on androidcentral just to address your concern. I've spent thousands of dollars at newegg.com and will continue because they have always been great.

Last edited:

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I just did this exact thing with Newegg Wireless.

I called them instead of ordering online just to make sure it was done correctly.

They call it a buddy transfer. I was on the line with the sales rep when they called Verizon and confirmed that I wanted to transfer the upgrade to another line.

Everything went smoothly and I had my phone the next day.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Never bought a phone through Newegg but everything else having to do with computers. I've never had a problem with Newegg and I've been buying from them for many, many years. Hate to see one problem possibly tarnish a good company's reputation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers