Air gestures

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I for the life of me cannot get Air gesture turned on. My device>Motions and gestures>Air gesture is on, all options under Air gesture are on. (Quick Glance, Air Jump, Air Browse, Air Move and Air call accept. Motion is on, Palm motion is on and gyroscope is calibrated. Still get no icon on the status bar at top, and hand motions don't work.

What am I doing wrong? New to Samsung, moved from Bionic and am lost on this one.

Thanks,
Errol

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Humper. Also How do I change defaults on the phone? I have handsent set for my messaging and would like to change it back to the stock message program. Also read somewhere about taking a screenshot using the side of the hand, but cannot get that to work either.
Sorry for so many questions, but as I said, new to the S experience.
Thanks

humper619

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I too hand a hard time with capture screen I notice I had to touch the screen when swiping it or you can push the home button and power button at the same time and to go back to stock keyboard I'm sure it in the keyboard options. Menu/settings/my device/ language and input

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
thanks again, touching the screen did it. Still cannot figure out how to change program defaults.

It's the same way as on any other Android phone. Go into application manager and go to the application you have set as default and hit clear defaults.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

robrrtp

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Also a note from Capt Obvious that your mileage may vary depending your phone case. For instance, I can't get a screenshot to work with either the palm swipe or the home/power button combo with my Otterbox case on.

drakon1

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I too have a problem with the gesture Quick Glance...

When I power down my Galaxy S4 and start the phone again the phone recognize the gesture and act properly. After that there is no way to make the phone to react again on this particular gesture. Only if I do power down the phone again it will work as it suppose for, again, one time only. Few days ago however, everything did work perfectly. Testing this feature still works.

I gave it a thought what could have "break" this feature. I did install some apps and the launcher Next Launcher 3D. Could have it been that Launcher or an app do interfere with system configuration regarding gestures? In Settings-My Device-Movements&Gestures-Gestures-Quick Glance (Translation from German Settings) under Infos there is a row with Clock and Date ticked but greyed out. All other infos to be displayed are checked on (gestures switchers as well).

Since I am new to Android OS: Can anybody help me to find the gesture preferences in Android OS?

Many thanks.

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Humpers info on the hand gestures got me going on that and Jayce got me going on the defaults. Now if I can figure out the eyeball thing, which I cannot get to work on anything, I will be a happy camper.
Errol

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Also a note from Capt Obvious that your mileage may vary depending your phone case. For instance, I can't get a screenshot to work with either the palm swipe or the home/power button combo with my Otterbox case on.

Can you swipe to answer the phone with that Air gesture with the Otterbox case on? I plan on ordering that case but I like the idea of answering my phone without touching it.

robrrtp

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Can you swipe to answer the phone with that Air gesture with the Otterbox case on? I plan on ordering that case but I like the idea of answering my phone without touching it.

I didn't have an incoming call while using it, so I don't have an answer for that. My guess would be: probably not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon