Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Is there anyway to get the Jelly Bean stock messaing app in this phone?

Not rooted yet, tried HandCent and its just OK. The lack of customization with regard to notification and the inability to reply to an incoming message without opening the app is annoying. Am I missing something in the settings?

Default Re: Is there anyway to get the Jelly Bean stock messaing app in this phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Robot View Post
    Not rooted yet, tried HandCent and its just OK. The lack of customization with regard to notification and the inability to reply to an incoming message without opening the app is annoying. Am I missing something in the settings?
    You should be able to right from the pop up that shows up when you get a message, but I havent used it in awhile so maybe they changed it. If nothing else, sms pro will allow you to reply to messages without opening the app, you can give that a try.

Default Re: Is there anyway to get the Jelly Bean stock messaing app in this phone?

I'm using Handcent, and have used it for years on my GNex. You can totally customize it, but you really have to drill down in the settings to get to all of the customizing settings. You can enable pop up, which is in "notification Settings--->Pop Up". You can also change incoming and outgoing font, font size, font color, background color for incoming and outgoing bubbles. You can also download free font packs in the Market, which will give you a choice of typefaces.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is there anyway to get the Jelly Bean stock messaing app in this phone?-image.jpg