How do I disable 4G on Galaxy S4 to save battery life? Can't find "Phone Info" page

Laurey Moles

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow. Tytytytytyty!!! The Battery Monitor app gives you the old *#*#4636#*#* hidden menu! I can select CDMA auto prl on my Galaxy s3 from Verizon!!! I've spent all day looking for a working fix. I'm so excited! I live in the country and even though Verizon shows I'm in a complete 4g area, when I go to the back porch, its 3g. Maybe its because I have a log home, idk. I'm happy because my battery wont tank anymore from switching back n forth 4g to 3g. Thank you again <3

bast525

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
4G Toggle
Alright if you're looking for a toggle and all the options here it is :

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.viaero4gtoggle&hl=en&token=-ypkVgaJ

It works, I've tried it, I use it and can't deny it saves the day when I have to force my phone into whatever kind of signal service I want
All I ask is hit the like button ;-)

Many many thanks... I had an app called LTE On/Off on my Rezound that did the exact same thing, but wouldn't work on the S4. This Viaero app is a great find, thank you for sharing. I get scrappy 4g in my office and this has saved the day.

Vasquez0689

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey I tried 4g toggle and battery monitor and while they both took me to the same place when I tried to change it from wcdma preferred to cdma only it would always automatically switch back everytime I changed it. Any ideas on why this is happening?

eartht0negirl

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
HAPPINESS! Every effing day in the middle of Midtown Manhattan, I have 1-2 bars of 4G LTE on my s4. I started carrying around a freedompop hotspot just so I could get service on 5th and 6th ave, since Verizon was unusable half the time. (the free 4G from freedompop actually gets pretty good service - go figure.) Being able to force 3G means I actually get Verizon coverage in New York City during business hours The 4g Toggle is working for me.

xtreme381

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
HAPPINESS! Every effing day in the middle of Midtown Manhattan, I have 1-2 bars of 4G LTE on my s4. I started carrying around a freedompop hotspot just so I could get service on 5th and 6th ave, since Verizon was unusable half the time. (the free 4G from freedompop actually gets pretty good service - go figure.) Being able to force 3G means I actually get Verizon coverage in New York City during business hours The 4g Toggle is working for me.

Midtown is the worst for 4G service!!!! I work in Times Square and can barely get any data via 4G (none when I'm actually in my building). This is going to be a life saver because I keep missing emails and other messages because of the crappy service. My battery drain while I'm at the office is terrible too because it keeps searching for a signal

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Best way to turn off lte in s4 would be too get your unlock code download get my msl. Then go to dial pad ##data# or ##3282# got to edit type 000000 go to app hit get my msl code will pop up enter it go to lte in menu and turn off. Note that if the code is enter wrong 2 times the phone will reset.

Posted via Android Central App

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Noob question...what is the difference between Global and Lte/Cdma in network settings? Mine was set to global by default.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Noob question...what is the difference between Global and Lte/Cdma in network settings? Mine was set to global by default.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

Global is for roaming outside your basic coverage area; LTE/CDMA is for Verizon's network.

Laurey Moles

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow. Tytytytytyty!!! The Battery Monitor app gives you the old *#*#4636#*#* hidden menu! I can select CDMA auto prl on my Galaxy s3 from Verizon!!! I've spent all day looking for a working fix. I'm so excited! I live in the country and even though Verizon shows I'm in a complete 4g area, when I go to the back porch, its 3g. Maybe its because I have a log home, idk. I'm happy because my battery wont tank anymore from switching back n forth 4g to 3g. Thank you again <3

*Note* If you can't get back to 4g LTE, try this...
Settings/more settings/mobile networks/network mode
Select the radio button for Lte/CDMA
For whatever reason, after I use Battery Monitor to force 3g, it completely clears any network mode selection and prevents me from ever having 4g again ;) I figured it out though. Heehee

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Right now, an app called "phone info" does the trick... You can disable LTE and have EVDO/CDMA only. I'm planning on keeping it at LTE most of the time though, just for those bad reception areas.

LTE doesn't help you get better reception it just speeds up your internet

Posted via Android Central App

Plankt0n

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Omg thank you so much. I will confirm this works on a galaxy s3 and s4 on verizon. The battery monitor app I mean. Can't speak for the 99? app

slovisa

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Seems that the Battery Monitor test button to access the mobile network properties has been disabled with the latest Verizon update. Does anyone else have a suggestion to force the Verzion Galaxy S4 into 3G mode?

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems that the Battery Monitor test button to access the mobile network properties has been disabled with the latest Verizon update. Does anyone else have a suggestion to force the Verzion Galaxy S4 into 3G mode?

it seems that all the apps that used to access this have been disabled. what a pain in the ***.

ina555

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was just my phone and that I had done something by accident, so I called Verizon. The Verizon tech had the same response on his phone, so then I remembered that I just did an update. What a pain! I also work in midtown NY and can't get any internet connection most of the day in my office building using 4G. It was so nice being able to use 3G. I hope somebody finds another way...please!

vixro

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
None of these apps work after the update. I need to disable 4G LTE to play poker or else the verify location is incorrect. It's cost ME MONEY.