1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google music always running task

For some reason Google music is always a running task. Doesn't matter if I end it or what I do. Anyone else with this

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google music always running task-uploadfromtaptalk1369767239984.jpg  

Default Re: Google music always running task

It does this for me too. I personally disabled it, as I use the built in music player...not a fan of streaming because of the data use.

I think if you turn off notifications for it it will stop loading.
    Thanked by:

How do you disable it? I did not see anything under settings once it's open.

I followed xgman's suggestion and, so far, so good. To do this mikeccc123, go to: apps/settings/more and click on the "application manager". Once launched, scroll down to Google Play Music and select it. Directly underneath the "force stop" button will be a check-box labeled "show notifications" and, deselect it (i.e. no check mark there).

I attempted to fully "disable" the app but kept getting a message reading "do you want to replace this app with the factory version" and, not having any idea what that meant, I settled for just turning off notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Vondutch67 View Post
    I followed xgman's suggestion and, so far, so good. To do this mikeccc123, go to: apps/settings/more and click on the "application manager". Once launched, scroll down to Google Play Music and select it. Directly underneath the "force stop" button will be a check-box labeled "show notifications" and, deselect it (i.e. no check mark there).

I attempted to fully "disable" the app but kept getting a message reading "do you want to replace this app with the factory version" and, not having any idea what that meant, I settled for just turning off notifications.
    - - - Updated - - -

Great thanks!

I actually did replace with factory version before I read your post. Now I cant find it anywhere, I never used it but wondering where it went?

Doing this won't allow you to play any purchased music though. Unless you transfer it to your computer first. Kinda dumb

Posted via Android Central App