1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help a thunderbolt convert please!!

So I absolutely love this phone, but I definitely miss sense compared to TW. I have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind.

1. In the tb browser, when you pinch zoomed, the text would adapt/wrap, so you didn't have to go left-right to read. Being legally blind I loved this feature and can't seem to do it on the s4, sense only I guess?

2. Air view/gesture is only supported by the stock browser, no chrome? Is there any third party support for the "gimmicky" features?

3. Regarding ISIS/GW: GW wouldn't work when I installed it, and isis says it's only available in like 2 cities? I have this fancy nfc chip and I want to use it lol. I know I could root, but I won't until there's a solid dev community (just weird like that.)

I have more questions but those are what stick out at the moment. Thanks to anyone who can answer any of them.

Default Re: Help a thunderbolt convert please!!

Quote Originally Posted by KarmasNcarnate View Post
    3. Regarding ISIS/GW: GW wouldn't work when I installed it, and isis says it's only available in like 2 cities? I have this fancy nfc chip and I want to use it lol. I know I could root, but I won't until there's a solid dev community (just weird like that.)
    you can use Isis anywhere you see this symbol

which is available in a lot more than just 2 cities. Chase mobile pay website for more info:

EDIT: you will also need to be using an NFC enabled SIM from Verizon. If the S4 came with a new SIM and you are using it, you are likely good to go.

All the air gesture features and such only work with stock apps

I too am curious why the text does not resize and wrap in the browser. Tried this in both Dolphin and Chrome to no avail. I actually also am coming from a Thunderbolt and that was one of the few things that phone did better than the S4. There must be a way to do this on the S4 - what are we missing??

Right here with you. Also a converted Thunderbolt user. Somebody has to know how to fix this.
    Sent from my Atari 2600

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post

EDIT: you will also need to be using an NFC enabled SIM from Verizon. If the S4 came with a new SIM and you are using it, you are likely good to go.
    Thunderbolt used mini SIM, so it would be safe to assume that a new micro SIM would have had to be issued for the GS4. FYI