Facebook chatheads for default SMS

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I asked this in the main forum, but I'm beginning to suspect that it's carrier related:

Using the Facebook messenger app, I'm able to use chatheads for Facebook messages, but I don't have the menu option to be able to use it for SMS messages. My wife and I are both on Verizon and she has a GS3 and does have the menu option, but on my GS4 I do not. Anybody successful at using this for their default SMS?

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to merging your SMS messages into the FB Messenger app? Open the Messenger app hit the menu button (left of the home button). Settings>Text Messages and then check the boxes.

I really liked the feature, but disabled it pretty quickly because it seemed like outgoing messages went to peoples' FB chats? I didn't see an option when sending a message to choose between directing the message to someone's FB chat vs their SMS inbox.

Can anyone clarify?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to use chat heads for sms but the lack of specific ringtones per contact made me disable that. Then now I just disabled chat heads altogether because it gets confusing with the different types of IM services. For example I would be making a reply to one person on Google Hangouts but I would think I was accidentally typing to the person whose chat head was on my screen. Didn't need the confusion although I think it's a cool feature. Chat heads won't work for me unless it's part of a unified messaging system that puts all the messaging in a threaded time line per contact just like webOS used to do for me.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc