I asked this in the main forum, but I'm beginning to suspect that it's carrier related:

Using the Facebook messenger app, I'm able to use chatheads for Facebook messages, but I don't have the menu option to be able to use it for SMS messages. My wife and I are both on Verizon and she has a GS3 and does have the menu option, but on my GS4 I do not. Anybody successful at using this for their default SMS?
    05-30-2013 11:02 AM
    Are you referring to merging your SMS messages into the FB Messenger app? Open the Messenger app hit the menu button (left of the home button). Settings>Text Messages and then check the boxes.

I really liked the feature, but disabled it pretty quickly because it seemed like outgoing messages went to peoples' FB chats? I didn't see an option when sending a message to choose between directing the message to someone's FB chat vs their SMS inbox.

Can anyone clarify?
    05-31-2013 04:24 AM
    I wanted to use chat heads for sms but the lack of specific ringtones per contact made me disable that. Then now I just disabled chat heads altogether because it gets confusing with the different types of IM services. For example I would be making a reply to one person on Google Hangouts but I would think I was accidentally typing to the person whose chat head was on my screen. Didn't need the confusion although I think it's a cool feature. Chat heads won't work for me unless it's part of a unified messaging system that puts all the messaging in a threaded time line per contact just like webOS used to do for me.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    05-31-2013 05:11 AM