Samsung.com " Find my mobile"

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I logged in to my Samsung Account that is linked to my S4 on content.samsung.com. I clicked on Find My Mobile at the top of website and am getting the message that my phone is "offline." Every function available on the website says "failed", I don't understand why it is saying this. I have every option enabled for the Samung Account along with GPS and all that jazz.

Has anyone else been able to use this feature or know why it is not working for my S4?

Thanks!

I searched the forums and Google but found no answer.

Edit: Just kidding, finally found the answer. It's not available in the United States, you would think the website would tell you that instead of driving someone like me crazy.
Forum MODS: Go ahead and delete this post.

Attachments

• findmymobile2.png
    findmymobile2.png
    36 KB · Views: 128
  • Findmymobile1.png
    Findmymobile1.png
    255.8 KB · Views: 123

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
...Wasn't this one of the selling features a lot of Samsung fanboys were touting when they were defending the S4 against iPhone 5?

I am surprised it isn't available in the US...Guess if I lose the S4, its gone ;(

ehj666

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The service is apparently blocked in the US, not unavailable. I have not found whether this is due to the Apple / Samsung patent war or, agreements with US telcos or other reason. I was able to get it to work using the Tor Browser Bundle. Tor is a darknet which anonymizes and encrypts communications over the network. When used with a Tor enabled browser a site will see the address of the exit node rather than the computer running the browser. Thus, so as long as the exit node is outside the US it will not be seen as originating from the US.

Running the Tor browser I was able to log into my Samsung account, access "Find My Mobile" and successfully locate my phone which is in fact located in the US. I was using an unlocked Galaxy S3 mini. YMMV.

Psy-mon

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Device Manager works only if GPS is on.....it's useless to me because I only turn on GPS when I need it to conserve battery
Samsung Find My Mobile can search your device even your GPS is off

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown