random sound with out any notifications

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
randomly my gs4 makes a little da-do sound. with the phone just sitting there screen off. or while on it. at home on wifi, at work on 4g. i have even looked at times an nothing adds up. no notifications. nothing noticeable. i have checked sound settings, i cant even find the sound to pick as a notification. i set all my apps to no sound notifications except text an its not that. any ideas. i googled but couldnt find it.

Christopher Bloom

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I having the exact same issue and is driving Mr crazy. It may help that this started right after running "Sprint Default Configuration" accidentally, which nuked all my settings.

fastsnake98

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem before, until I realized that the notification sound for Yahoo Mail App was still on. Had to change it to no sound. Maybe one of your apps has it's own notification sound yo uhave to turn off.

murphbrau1

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine was unique in that I use Outlook Exchange email. I changed my email password and the S4 made continuous random sound until I changed the password on my phone. That took care of my sound problem. It's another thing to look into.

jyotiprokash009

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey Man I can solved your problem
You have to follow some step
1st. Go to your Setting
2nd. Go to Accessibility
3rd. Then Go to Notification reminder
4th. Turn Off if you want reminder off
If you want Reminder interval set 10 minutes or 30 minutes or 1 hour whatever you want
That's it

rcca

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I did a Factory Reset, had this same problem months ago. Been OK, no beep sound any more ever.
The Samsung guys never heard of this problem, when I told them, so we did a FR, that took care of it.

Julianne Johnson

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem and, like another poster, it ended up being my email. I had changed my gmail password on my computer, and until I got re-signed in on my phone, I got random two beeps. It was driving me crazy, and difficult to figure out, as I had already turned off notifications for the email app. Nothing worked until I re-signed in with the new password.

Robotness13

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I would like to weigh in on this. It's actually none of the settings you guys said. It has to do with the nfc though. If you have a wallet case or put your phone near your wallet it is your debit or credit card trying to connect to your phone. It's like the phone is using samsung pay to try and pay with nfc which it obviously isn't gonna work or do anything. I was having the same issue and I put my card up to my phone multiple times and it made the noise and when I turned my nfc off it didn't make the noise. So it has something to do with the nfc chip in your debit card and your phone trying to use it. If you don't have the card near the phone it will stop.,

Posted via the Android Central App

BMGRAHAM

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like to weigh in on this. It's actually none of the settings you guys said. It has to do with the nfc though. If you have a wallet case or put your phone near your wallet it is your debit or credit card trying to connect to your phone. It's like the phone is using samsung pay to try and pay with nfc which it obviously isn't gonna work or do anything. I was having the same issue and I put my card up to my phone multiple times and it made the noise and when I turned my nfc off it didn't make the noise. So it has something to do with the nfc chip in your debit card and your phone trying to use it. If you don't have the card near the phone it will stop.,

Posted via the Android Central App
You are right, it's NFC and having the phone near the wallet. I couldn't understand why it suddenly stopped. I just put my phone near my wallet and it started happening again, without any screen activity. I think it's my train smartcard. This actually had another side-effect, it was canceling my alarm. My alarm would start ringing and stop almost immediately so I overslept. This is because the notification cancels out the alarm, but I had the phone in "Sleep" Moto Assist mode so the notifications were silent.

Mindlessjoker

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
You are right, it's NFC and having the phone near the wallet. I couldn't understand why it suddenly stopped. I just put my phone near my wallet and it started happening again, without any screen activity. I think it's my train smartcard. This actually had another side-effect, it was canceling my alarm. My alarm would start ringing and stop almost immediately so I overslept. This is because the notification cancels out the alarm, but I had the phone in "Sleep" Moto Assist mode so the notifications were silent.

Yup! Mine was my smart card bus pass. I have a wallet case and it kept going of so I pulled it out and held it to my phone and pulled it away a few times and Tada. Found the problem!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane