Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By addicted2tech
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    I found these covers (the white one is priced slightly higher). The ETA on getting it (free shipping) is the end of the month.Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4 S-View Flip Cover Folio Case (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Quote Originally Posted by addicted2tech View Post
    I found these covers (the white one is priced slightly higher). The ETA on getting it (free shipping) is the end of the month.Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4 S-View Flip Cover Folio Case (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Got mine ordered, Thanks for the information
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  3. #3  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    1,977 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,598 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Price is good but have reservations about being a genuine Samsung product. Seller reviews are mediocre and their responses are just about the same when given a poor review.

    Someone provide more details if and when they get one.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    I ordered one just to see. I mean hey, it's only 10 bucks lol.

    Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    When I got my Galaxy S4, samsung reps were at the verizon store handing out similar cases (and we could even have a picture/logo etched onto it). I thought i would like it, but I don't use it for a few reasons:

    difficult to click the volume rocker buttons
    cannot see LED notification light when the case is closed
    felt a little awkward in the hand when it was open
    offered little protection, and cases don't fit over it


    Now its just sitting in my room, unused.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccaBird View Post
    When I got my Galaxy S4, samsung reps were at the verizon store handing out similar cases (and we could even have a picture/logo etched onto it). I thought i would like it, but I don't use it for a few reasons:

    difficult to click the volume rocker buttons
    cannot see LED notification light when the case is closed
    felt a little awkward in the hand when it was open
    offered little protection, and cases don't fit over it


    Now its just sitting in my room, unused.
    I wouldn't mind having a spare if you want to unload it.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    I just got an email stating mine had shipped, no tracking information, and still shows delivery between July 1st, and July 18th.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccaBird View Post
    offered little protection, and cases don't fit over it
    This is my problem with mine. I have one that I got on ebay that is more of a wallet style that works as a stand and also has a wrist strap. I LOVE the wrist strap! But the edges aren't really protected and if I were to drop it and it land on an edge, I'd be screwed. It does offer more protection than the kind that replaces the plastic back of the phone, though.

    Here is the one I got. I do NOT recommend this seller. He sent me the wrong color and I'm still trying to get that worked out (and it was only $12 when I ordered mine):
    Kasoworkshops s View Blue Cover Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 s IV I9500 | eBay
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Ordered mine on May 27th. Estimated to arrive on July 9th. Arrived on June 10th.

    Surprise to me, it was in a Samsung package. Both English and Japanese (Chinese or Korean maybe) descriptions on the package.

    Brand new and doesn't look fake at all. I compared it to one my coworker has. Her cover has a smoother inside flap where the screen touches, but its also white, and I ordered black. In the sun, it appears a little more dark grey than black.

    Works flawlessly. The back is strong. Stiffer and thicker than the stock cover. After you put it on, you'll notice that the camera no longer pokes out and the flash is now semi recessed. Answering the phone through the clear window works perfectly.

    No complaints from me at all.

    I ordered my thought the seller "yan wu." This is no way an endorsement, just noting that mine, which seems like a full retail one came from him. Can't speak on the others.

    Also, came with a free screen protector. Not very good quality on the protector. Easy application but appears like an oily residue when the screen is off. I'll be removing it.

    I may eventually take the case off. I was expecting more of a magnetic "holding" of the cover to the screen ala the iPad covers. (Love the back with the camera now being flush with the phone, so I may look for a way to remove the flip and keep the back if I do decide to ditch it.)

    But even if I do, I only spent 10 bucks.
  10. #10  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    1,977 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,598 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Quote Originally Posted by coreyacole View Post
    Ordered mine on May 27th. Estimated to arrive on July 9th. Arrived on June 10th.

    Surprise to me, it was in a Samsung package. Both English and Japanese (Chinese or Korean maybe) descriptions on the package.

    Brand new and doesn't look fake at all. I compared it to one my coworker has. Her cover has a smoother inside flap where the screen touches, but its also white, and I ordered black. In the sun, it appears a little more dark grey than black.

    Works flawlessly. The back is strong. Stiffer and thicker than the stock cover. After you put it on, you'll notice that the camera no longer pokes out and the flash is now semi recessed. Answering the phone through the clear window works perfectly.

    No complaints from me at all.

    I ordered my thought the seller "yan wu." This is no way an endorsement, just noting that mine, which seems like a full retail one came from him. Can't speak on the others.

    Also, came with a free screen protector. Not very good quality on the protector. Easy application but appears like an oily residue when the screen is off. I'll be removing it.

    I may eventually take the case off. I was expecting more of a magnetic "holding" of the cover to the screen ala the iPad covers. (Love the back with the camera now being flush with the phone, so I may look for a way to remove the flip and keep the back if I do decide to ditch it.)

    But even if I do, I only spent 10 bucks.
    Thanks for the info on your cover but I'd say this isn't a genuine product. Samsung doesn't give you a screen protector with the cover. But hey.....10 bucks!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Thanks for the info on your cover but I'd say this isn't a genuine product. Samsung doesn't give you a screen protector with the cover. But hey.....10 bucks!
    Sorry for the confusion. The screen protector is not from Samsung. Just a freebie in the deal. And the more I look at the box, the more I think it's the legit international version. I've dealt with all kinds of knockoffs. Other than the dual language on the box, this feels really OEM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Got both my cases today. They work flawlessly. Love it.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    I ordered one of these covers and recieved it this week. Used it for one day . There was no plastic in the s-view window. There was no recess for the home button. I couldnt see the notifications as the window was not positioned correctly. I contacted the vendor thru amazon and I was refunded my money. Didn't even have to send it back

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Amazon Prime has become my destination for pretty much every electronic device I own now. No way am I going to pay retail for S4 accessories!

    On another note, anyone have experience with the hard cases? I don't think I'll get an OtterBox, but I'm wondering how much bulk a plain hard case will add? I'm quite impressed with how svelte the S4 is, given its 5" screen; especially compared to my Droid Bionic.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Ordered one just to see if it was legit, got the wrong color for one thing and it was anything but a genuine Samsung product, no plastic in cutout, no recession for the home button, less than stellar finish, etc. so I also was able to get a refund and got to keep the cheap knockoff as a souvenir, or maybe a reminder that if it seems too good to be true it probably is.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAiello View Post
    I ordered one of these covers and recieved it this week. Used it for one day . There was no plastic in the s-view window. There was no recess for the home button. I couldnt see the notifications as the window was not positioned correctly. I contacted the vendor thru amazon and I was refunded my money. Didn't even have to send it back

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    OG-DX-Fascinate-D2-Thunderbolt-Bionic-Rezound-Galaxy Nexus-Razr-Razr M-DNA-GS4-Note 3-Note 4-?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    I also got a refund. It does work for the answering phone calls and all that but I'll probably never use it. At least it was free lol

    Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    I received mine today, and as with the majority of users here the unit I received was not a Samsung product. There is no indent for the home button, no screen over the window, and not able to see the notifications.

    I have contacted the seller thru amazon so we'll see what happens. My phone was in this case for all of 10 minutes.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    I got mine 5 days ago. They come from Hong Kong or something. No wonder they are cheap. I filed a claim with Amazon.
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted

    Fast Speed 1Gbps Fiber optic Downloads. PM For more info
    PM for Passwords and Instructions (Included the Device you need help with)
    S4 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S4
    S3 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S3

    Home Internet


    4G LTE
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Received a reply to the email I sent the seller, they offered a full refund. No details on sending the unit back though.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Official Samsung S-View Cover for $9.40

    Yeah you don't have to send it back. They just give you your money back.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung S view Case for $9.50
    By jayburd in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 07:58 PM
  2. Tridea S4 S View Cover Review For Samsung Galaxy S4
    By Khaled Ahmed in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 08:16 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 01:21 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 12:20 PM
  5. [Official] Samsung posts Gingerbread source code for the I9000
    By konazxiii in forum AT&T Captivate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 10:48 AM

Posting Permissions