Wirelessly Printing on S4

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Seems like there isn't any thread that covers wirelessly printing to any printers. Coming from iOS, users of iOS can wirelessly print to any printers that have that capability. However, with android seems like there is no such abilities unless I install certain apps and use the app to print. Seems like s4 is much more advanced than iOS. Why is it that wirelessly printing is still an issue and so difficult? Is it android OS that's an issue or is it Samsung since they only have wireless printing available to Samsung branded printers embedded in Touchwiz?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

goldberg96

May 31, 2011
Visit site
seems like there isn't any thread that covers wirelessly printing to any printers. Coming from ios, users of ios can wirelessly print to any printers that have that capability. However, with android seems like there is no such abilities unless i install certain apps and use the app to print. Seems like s4 is much more advanced than ios. Why is it that wirelessly printing is still an issue and so difficult? Is it android os that's an issue or is it samsung since they only have wireless printing available to samsung branded printers embedded in touchwiz?

Sent from my galaxy s4 using tapatalk

look for the app called 'printer share'. Works great for me from my s4 to my canon mx850

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Seems like there isn't any thread that covers wirelessly printing to any printers. Coming from iOS, users of iOS can wirelessly print to any printers that have that capability. However, with android seems like there is no such abilities unless I install certain apps and use the app to print. Seems like s4 is much more advanced than iOS. Why is it that wirelessly printing is still an issue and so difficult? Is it android OS that's an issue or is it Samsung since they only have wireless printing available to Samsung branded printers embedded in Touchwiz?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

That's mostly likely part of it. Check out the apps in the Play Store, I know I heard of plenty of other folks that have got it working...

black5f

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I heard that printer share is good, but you have to buy full ver to print on a local printer. But if your a bit tight like me .... I have an (very) old pc in the garage running windows 2000 with a laser attached. It has a shared folder, I use ES explorer (free) to copy the file to print to that folder on the home LAN, then use VNC free to run that pc and print the file (openoffice free), convert it to pdf etc etc (or even check the status of the nc mill that it runs!), all from the armchair. Despite being a 486, it copes quite happily. Maybe someone much more clever than me could automate this procedure. Hope that helps.
Tom

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I heard that printer share is good, but you have to buy full ver to print on a local printer. But if your a bit tight like me .... I have an (very) old pc in the garage running windows 2000 with a laser attached. It has a shared folder, I use ES explorer (free) to copy the file to print to that folder on the home LAN, then use VNC free to run that pc and print the file (openoffice free), convert it to pdf etc etc (or even check the status of the nc mill that it runs!), all from the armchair. Despite being a 486, it copes quite happily. Maybe someone much more clever than me could automate this procedure. Hope that helps.
Tom

There is actually a Google Cloud Print now. I been using that. It is still at the initial stage. But it works great and its free. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
If you navigate to /system/apps/ there is a printing application but it's not in the application drawer for some reason. It's for HP though.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I use cloud print (Google - Cloud Print) you need to a Google account, and Google chrome on your phone to use it.

You don't actually need Chrome on your phone to use Google Cloud Print. Google Cloud Print shows up in the Share menu along with Drive, Box, Messaging, Twitter, Facebook, etc. So basically you can print anything you can share.

clairetapillar

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Its just samsung. I had an htc phone that could easily print wirelessly. And The galaxy s3 can but only to Samsung printers, which is dumb cause theyre not close to a monopoly yet.

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Install Chrome browser on your computer - you don't have to use it but you do have to have it installed.

Turn on the Cloud Print feature (settings/show advanced settings and scroll down to almost the bottom) and set up your network and/or local printer.

Install Google Cloud Print app on device(s).

Profit.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If you own a wireless printer check with the company that makes the printer they may have an android app. My Multi Function is a Brother and I know they have an app for the print/scan for android and iphone.

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Today only if you install amazon apps store on your phone and keep it on, you can download the full version of printshare normally $12.99 for free. Only catch is amazon store must stay installed.

Paul Aerison

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have an epson workforce. Someone suggested that I check for an app from the vendor. They have a "printer finder" which did locate my printer. I clicked it and it took me to the printer's web page where there was a google print icon. I already had cloud print installed. I can now print from any app that has that option using google cloud print, but only from home I'm guessing.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an epson workforce. Someone suggested that I check for an app from the vendor. They have a "printer finder" which did locate my printer. I clicked it and it took me to the printer's web page where there was a google print icon. I already had cloud print installed. I can now print from any app that has that option using google cloud print, but only from home I'm guessing.

Might want to look into the Epson iPrint app on the PlayStore. If your Epson printer connects to the Internet you should be able to set things up so you can print to your printer from anywhere as long as you have Internet connectivity. Thing to remember is that you don't select print from app's menu but rather share and Epson iPrint should be in the share list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

tmbrit

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
jimbo1mcm........................... Hi I also can see my hp printer on my galaxy s4 and shows connected with full bars. But its protected and when prompted, I sign in with password the connect button is not functioning. I only have a cancel or connect button. maybe take off the protection? not sure why I have it on the printer but maybe required when setting up. it was not always even working for my laptop for some reason. but it found it like yours with full bar connection.

Thanks, Terri

Last edited:

tmbrit

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an HP eprinter. My Galaxy S4 found it on my wifi network, and printed without any other apps needed.

Hi I also can see my hp printer on my galaxy s4 and shows connected with full bars. But its protected and when prompted, I sign in with password the connect button is not functioning. I only have a cancel or connect button. maybe take off the protection? not sure why I have it on the printer but maybe required when setting up. it was not always even working for my laptop for some reason. but it found it like yours with full bar connection.

Thanks, Terri

MiDoJo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
It might be that the log-in you're using is not the one you think.
Try to append the computer or domain (herein,computer name) name to the sign in
In this form
%computername%\%username%
Example
cuthah\nergal
EDIT: assuming Windows PC in reply

Seems you are direct connecting to printer sans PC host, sorry for the confusion

boss42

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have s4 and Lexmark printer T644 I can use the printer share and select nearby printer to print documents but they asked me to pay $12.95. Is any apps can allow me to print free?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Install Chrome browser on your computer - you don't have to use it but you do have to have it installed.

Turn on the Cloud Print feature (settings/show advanced settings and scroll down to almost the bottom) and set up your network and/or local printer.

Install Google Cloud Print app on device(s).

Profit.

This ..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood