1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 Wireless Charging

Just received the wireless charging back for my S4 and it works great.

I'm using the LG charging pads that I purchased from Verizon for my Thunderbolt and Rezound. Best news is that the case I was using still fits, albeit snugly and the wireless charging still works flawlessly with the case on. I wasn't expecting the case to fit and was planning on getting a bumper case, looks like I don't have to......Joy.

I'm using the Body Glove tactical case.

Default Re: S4 Wireless Charging

Nice to know that it works with a case on. I wonder if it will work with the otterbox defender case as well.
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

If you use Galaxy Charging Current (app in the Play store), what rate does it show it's charging at?

With the stock charger, it chargers at 1900mA.

Quote Originally Posted by skyjjc View Post
    Just received the wireless charging back for my S4 and it works great.

I'm using the LG charging pads that I purchased from Verizon for my Thunderbolt and Rezound. Best news is that the case I was using still fits, albeit snugly and the wireless charging still works flawlessly with the case on. I wasn't expecting the case to fit and was planning on getting a bumper case, looks like I don't have to......Joy.

I'm using the Body Glove tactical case.
    Are you talking about the $99 wireless back you can get here, or the little pickup gadget you can hide under the stock back? I have the pickup gadget on order and I'm hoping I can continue to use my Spigen Slim Armor case.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Talking about the Genuine Samsung charging cover just released and costing around $50. I think the $99 package you mentioned includes the charging plate. However as I already had charging plates used with previous phones so I only purchased the phone rear cover. If you have any charging plates using the QI standard, they are supposed to work with this backplate.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    Are you talking about the $99 wireless back you can get here, or the little pickup gadget you can hide under the stock back? I have the pickup gadget on order and I'm hoping I can continue to use my Spigen Slim Armor case.
    I bought the pickup gadget and use the Spigen Slim Armor case and it charges no problem, I even switched to a thicker case and it still charges no problem.

Can you tell us which coil sticker and wireless charger pad you have working with Spigen Slim Armor View Infinity White Case for the galaxy s4?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidJay View Post
    Nice to know that it works with a case on. I wonder if it will work with the otterbox defender case as well.
    I used the wireless charging through a Defender on the DNA.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by GREATTRADERS View Post
    Can you tell us which coil sticker and wireless charger pad you have working with Spigen Slim Armor View Infinity White Case for the galaxy s4?
    T is the thinnest I have found, and the one I use. All of the GS4 cases will fit fine with it, I use the Spigen Slim Armor ...

Sorry I do not understand the meaning "DNA"

Can I use the Samsung Wireless Charging Battery Cover with the OtterBox Defender case?

I've seen that cover for $36